Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zanna's Journal page 2

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And in more annoying news, my living room AC will only work for 5 minutes before conking out. Hubby says we need a cord for AC, and I mean there is a cord that specifically says its for the AC. I do wonder if that's just marketing bullshit - I mean, why would that cord work better than a generic cord? But marketing works, so I buy the AC cord - I don't know what to do with it. So it sits in the car, waiting for hubby to come home and do what hubbies are made to do, i.e. making my life more comfortable. Problem is, I left him at the aforementioned BBQ, so I'm sitting home watching the Big Bang Theory, hoping his man genes will get their ass home and hook this shit up. Every time I think about throwing him out cause I do everything myself, times like these pop up, where I remember that he will fix this and make the living room tolerable. So, he's safe for another month.
    Last edited by Zanna; 06-01-2013 at 08:12 PM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    They're also useful for smashing big ugly spiders and oil changes for the car. Oh, and having sex without having to shave one's legs.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    They're also useful for smashing big ugly spiders and oil changes for the car. Oh, and having sex without having to shave one's legs.
    Hahaha, but is that enough? I find myself longing for a man that makes me want to shave the whole leg. Just because he's that hot.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Hi Amyamaretto! I haven't tried Melatonin yet, don't know much about it. I'll have to do some research . . . Can't be worse than the other alternatives. The paper bunny nightmares were so strange - in any other state I could wake myself up or maybe conjure up some dreamy scissors to deal it but was totally trapped. Never thought construction paper could be so menacing!
    Melatonin is bad news.

“Many health food stores are now selling melatonin, to induce sleep and “prevent cancer.” They have taken some information out of context, and don’t realize how dangerous melatonin is. It makes the brain sluggish, causes the sex organs to shrink, and damages immunity by shrinking the thymus gland. It is the hormone of darkness and winter, and is produced in the pineal gland by any stress which increases adrenalin. Adequate sun light suppresses the formation of melatonin.” -Ray Peat, PhD

Even Mark doesn't like it. I think, gelatin is good enough at inducing a quick sleep, but when it's not magnesium and zinc before sleep helps too. Oh, and something with salt and carbs.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    One lowly banana can put me to sleep. One awesome banana can make me cheer first and then put me to sleep.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

“Many health food stores are now selling melatonin, to induce sleep and “prevent cancer.” They have taken some information out of context, and don’t realize how dangerous melatonin is. It makes the brain sluggish, causes the sex organs to shrink, and damages immunity by shrinking the thymus gland. It is the hormone of darkness and winter, and is produced in the pineal gland by any stress which increases adrenalin. Adequate sun light suppresses the formation of melatonin.” -Ray Peat, PhD

Even Mark doesn't like it. I think, gelatin is good enough at inducing a quick sleep, but when it's not magnesium and zinc before sleep helps too. Oh, and something with salt and carbs.
    It is the hormone of darkness and winter . . . You could write a book around that sentence. Melatonin sounds like bad news - forcing your body into a cycle it shouldn't be experiencing is probably a bad idea. I like my brain and sex organs just fine as-is. I think I'm going to try and just go with zero sleep aids for a couple of weeks and see if I can't get my body on some regular schedule again. No Unisom, Advil PM, wine etc and see how it shakes out. I'll keep taking the gelatin because I have it twice a day for different reasons - I never knew it could help with sleep.

One lowly banana can put me to sleep. One awesome banana can make me cheer first and then put me to sleep.
    I have heard bananas can help with sleep AND they can give you strange dreams. Hmmm, so maybe my nightly cup of gelatin cocoa and a banana. Then I'll have something to report in that lucid dreaming thread. Well, actually, I always have lucid dreams, didn't know that was something you to train yourself to have.

Warning: there will be pictures of my cat here. We spend more time together than I do with anyone in my family, because I work from home and well, he's a cat so delights in being in my business all day long. He routinely shuts my computer down while I'm working, noisily scratches the hell out of my chair during conference calls, knocks water glasses over onto my keyboard and positions his body to block both of my monitors while I'm trying to work. I think he wants me to get fired, so I can sit on the couch all day in case he wants to cuddle. If he knew that those salmon treats he's so in love with were purchased with job money, he'd probably be waking me up and herding me to the office in the middle of the night.

But he doesn't know that - all he knows is that salmon treats are awesome and they live in the refrigerator. I made the mistake of shaking the little container with the refrigerator door open and he instantly understood. Cats are so smart but they don't bother with any information not of direct benefit to their selfish little selves. So now Fluffy knows the refrigerator is important, because it dispenses salmon treats. And it should magically dispense salmon every single time the refrigerator door is open, because he wishes it to be so. Sigh. So this is what happens every time the door is opened:

image.jpg

He will wait, perched right there, as long as the door is open. Another benefit that he is sure was designed solely for his comfort - it's nice and chilly in the fridge. It has AC and shelves of things he could knock over. It has salmon treats and I clearly don't want him in there. Basically, it is everything a cat wants and Fluffy has to be forcibly removed from his little perch every single time that damn door is opened. Moral of the story? Never show a cat where the treats come from.

Al of my pictures are coming in upside down even when I rotate them, they still come in like that. Oh well.

Today has been a good food day. Had the usual gelatin drink, then a few eggs with coconut oil, followed by strawberries and grapes. Went and did nails with my girlfriend, then went to lunch. There was a special tuna salad where they used seared tuna steaks instead of canned, then that was stuffed in a tomato. Super yummy. It also came with potato salad, but that was the red bliss kind that you get at a deli. Blah, not edible. Why would you have awesome seared tuna salad but not make your own potato salad? No matter, I just didn't eat the potato salad.

Then went for a long walk - it is so hot here today! The kitty is not happy with the heat and hid under the kitchen table all day. It sure why he didn't go in the living room where the AC is, but he sure looks comfortable.

image.jpg

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member
    Wow. I never really thought about what Melatonin does to your brain. I just did a little more research and yeah...that stuff is scary. No more for my family! :/

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

Hi Amy, yes glad Derp stopped in to give some advice. BTW, that's on awesome beard on your hubby in your thread.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast