Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to tackle my live long sleep problem once and for all!!!!! page 2

Michiel is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Hello thnx for all the advise, that means a lot.

I liked the advise of doing some exercise the most. That is the most realistic and real one to me. I went running in the forest behind the dunes here in The Netherlands. Next time I might swim with my vibrams, cold or no cold, people watching or not, I have to fix this!

The idea of good sleep caused by a contrast of Life in the day time makes a lot of sense to me.

I am all ready taking magnesium. 375 mg before bed. I'll look into 5-htp. For the L-theanine I'll be drinking green tea tonight.

See what happens, sporting can have an adverse effect on my sleep, but I went to a forest with very fresh air and took it easy. I also have a severe problem with being inside, in almost every building. If all goes well I'll do the forest thing more often. Once or twice a week.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    1mg Melatonin has done wonders for me. Gets me to sleep, and keeps me sleeping most of the night.

It might be the green tea (which has l-theanine), it might be my new plants, but I slept really well and the most significant change I made was starting to sport again.

Now sport, believe it or not, makes me not able to get to sleep, but since I felt such a lack of fresh air and really hated all the dull air in my room and where there cars are, I decided to take a run in the freshest forest I know. Now I did had trouble getting into sleep, but a slept deeper and last night, night two, I slept even more deep!

I am starting to think that my mental illness has got a lot to do with fake and real: meaning not only in food, but also in general life's choices, like dull dusty air and forest air. Hopefully I can keep up with 'keepin it real' and do another run next week.

I definitely had that deep sleep again, not that light sleep leaving me all day with a bad feeling in my brain like nerves are snapping.

Melatonine I tried, but found making my sleep really light and it gave me a fuzy feeling in the daytime.

Today I got a supplement with melatonine, 5 htp and l-tryptophane. Let's see what that does.

I am also considering taking actual sleeping pills for a short while.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    personally.....

when i am in the ZONE. 0-10g carbs daily I dont sleep as well as when i bump it to 10-20.

sleep, or gain is my paradox. on 10-20g daily my weight slowly rises.

DHEA is the huge sleep mediator. here i am going to suggest that you get a few labs testes.

Cortisol, DHEA-S, Vitamin D,

the real sexy would be Pregnenolone and Thyroid RELEASING Hormone

if those are way off you wont sleep well.

also what time of night is disturbed. this may shed light on an organ which is functioning at less than optimal effect.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Shanievebaker is offline Junior Member
    So I've struggled with insomnia for my whole life until recently and I know how crippling it can be. There is a very good reason that it has been used as a torture tactic on prisoners of war...it is an incredibly fast way to break a person down. Everything starts with good sleep. I tried everything natural and unnatural under the sun to sleep. People who've never experienced true insomnia can not know how desperate you are. I've tried exercise before bed, no exercise before bed, meditation, supplements, sleeping pills etc. etc. etc. I HAD an extremely bad anxiety disorder. You mentioned a mental health issue....is it anxiety related? I knew I had to handle the anxiety disorder to sleep. I fumbled around with tons of exercise, supplements, prescription medication and talk therapy (the "tell me about your mother" kind. Obviously the medication worked but who wants to be on that crap ( oh I know, the desparate. There's no side effect worse than wanting to jump out a window). Nothing else worked. Period.

Until I stumbled on behavior modification therapy. The biggest thing you learn is when and where worrying is appropriate. Turns out solving your and the worlds problems at 2am is just wrong. You literally have to stop doing this first. Assuming this is related to your issue, I could give you some great resources to find the help you need. If you can tackle this, the rest will be a great bonus. I have great sleep habits now for an even better nights sleep from black out curtains to a pre bed electronic ban. But trust me when a say there was something way more fundamental happening that needed to be addressed before being able to benefit from all these great ideas. Wishing you good luck and great sleep from someone who's been there.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Tin foil your windows. Light won't penetrate tin foil. I live in Alaska- it's a very common sight up here for bedroom windows to be tinfoiled in the summers to block out light as it doesn't get dark here in the summer.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12