Thread: A monk's life. Well without the 4am prayers. page

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member

A monk's life. Well without the 4am prayers.

Someone said they felt like they were living like a monk. If this is a monk's life, sign me up! Though you can keep the 4am rise and pray stuff, not into that, and the vow of silence thing (bwahahahaha).

I had a late snack so I figured I'd have a late breakfast (for some reason having at least the 12 hours overnight fast seems to agree with me). So, got the kids off to school, did some chores. I'll have to deal with some paperwork and errands later, but for now, I have an hour to myself.

Cooked up a big stack of banana almond pancakes (with a little flax and coconut), served with some double cream with a drop of vanilla mixed in, and a bit of butter on the side as well. Home-made latte, with about 1/4 cup of milk and some cream (that's my dairy for the day). Tomorrow I'll cut the carbs so it'll be delicious eggs, mushrooms and greens, and I'll experiment with a veggie hash brown; and black coffee with cream.

So I take it out into the courtyard, beautiful warm autumn sun on my skin. It's good for me! (this is news, being in skin-cancer-paranoid Australia). I start to read but then think, hey, flex out. Close my eyes and enjoy having a full tummy and the sun on my face. Being a human being, not a human do-ing. A few fleeting thoughts about suffering and sentient beings, but a half-remembered Buddhist text can't compete with pleasing warmth of the sun. I'll meditate some other time.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I want to try a vow of silence for a week.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen in Oz View Post
    Someone said they felt like they were living like a monk. If this is a monk's life, sign me up! Though you can keep the 4am rise and pray stuff, not into that, and the vow of silence thing (bwahahahaha).

I had a late snack so I figured I'd have a late breakfast (for some reason having at least the 12 hours overnight fast seems to agree with me). So, got the kids off to school, did some chores. I'll have to deal with some paperwork and errands later, but for now, I have an hour to myself.

Cooked up a big stack of banana almond pancakes (with a little flax and coconut), served with some double cream with a drop of vanilla mixed in, and a bit of butter on the side as well. Home-made latte, with about 1/4 cup of milk and some cream (that's my dairy for the day). Tomorrow I'll cut the carbs so it'll be delicious eggs, mushrooms and greens, and I'll experiment with a veggie hash brown; and black coffee with cream.

So I take it out into the courtyard, beautiful warm autumn sun on my skin. It's good for me! (this is news, being in skin-cancer-paranoid Australia). I start to read but then think, hey, flex out. Close my eyes and enjoy having a full tummy and the sun on my face. Being a human being, not a human do-ing. A few fleeting thoughts about suffering and sentient beings, but a half-remembered Buddhist text can't compete with pleasing warmth of the sun. I'll meditate some other time.
    I'm glad someone is getting some sun. Its miserable on the coast.

And I'm surprised the whole country is vitamin D deficient the way everyone goes on about skin cancer. Makes me glad I wasn't raised with helicoptor parents.