Thread: paleo/primal eating and Infertility??? page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

paleo/primal eating and Infertility???

I don't know where else to ask this question because it is nutrition related BUT also relates to pregnancy and fertility.

I have been struggling for many years to get pregnant. I struggle with both PCOS and Insulin Resistance. ON top of that I have at least 30 more pounds to lose.

When I google infertility and low carb Atkins almost always comes out with helping people naturally conceive when at all other times they were unable to.

However the Atkins plan is full of bad food filled with chemicals and all I'm seeing is diet this and diet that. After eating Paleo for a year I don't know how I would go back to eating that way?????

Would it help if I did a very low carb version of primal/paleo like less than 20 grams of carbs per day??? DO I just need to lose the weight and then my hormones will regulate and me estrogen dominance levels should hopefully come down. Is fertility linked to insulin OR estrogen??? I'm soo confused!!!!!!

I want to be able to feel normal by at least baking my favorite foods like paleo pizza and drinking vodka tonics on the weekends.

I know you guys are a wealth of knowledge and if anyone has been through this experience I would greatly appreciate your help!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I've helped several clients get pregnant, by optimizing their hormones/getting nutrient replete. Check out my blog post below and if I can be of further assistance you can contact me via my website.

Going vlc will be helpful for losing the fat and helping your PCOS, but for getting pregnant, you want to be at a maintenance weight--not losing. (Your body wants to know that you aren't starving!)

Optimum Fertility ~ Nutrition - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 05-29-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I've helped several clients get pregnant, by optimizing their hormones/getting nutrient replete. Check out my blog post below and if I can be of further assistance you can contact me via my website.

Going vlc will be helpful for losing the fat and helping your PCOS, but for getting pregnant, you want to be at a maintenance weight--not losing. (Your body wants to know that you aren't starving!)

Optimum Fertility ~ Nutrition - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind

Thanks sooo much for your help!!!!!!!! I may just end up contacting you. I guess it's steaks and hamburgers for a while until I am down on the scale.

I appreciate your help soo much!!!!!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigal View Post
    Thanks sooo much for your help!!!!!!!! I may just end up contacting you. I guess it's steaks and hamburgers for a while until I am down on the scale.

I appreciate your help soo much!!!!!
    You are welcome! You may have an easier time on vlc if you don't OD on protein. I do vlc and limit my protein to about 80 g/ day, keep my carbs under 40 and the rest is fat. Too much protein seems to make many folk hungry on vlc.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You are welcome! You may have an easier time on vlc if you don't OD on protein. I do vlc and limit my protein to about 80 g/ day, keep my carbs under 40 and the rest is fat. Too much protein seems to make many folk hungry on vlc.

WOW that's super helpful!!!!!! Thanks soooo much!!!!!