Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chips replacement? page 3

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    You all may want to have a look at this:

Top Twenty Acrylamide-Rich Foods

in particular the data table below the articles. Look at the data measured from chips made by Trader Joe's ...

You can also have a look at this interesting article ... and laugh at what you would need in your kitchen to vacuum fry potato chips
    If I *really* liked chips, I think I could manage to build one of those vacuum fryers. But, alas, I don't really like them enough to buy a vacuum pump for my kitchen.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    I was also going to recommend traders joes kettle cooked olive oil chips, only ingridients listed are potatoes, olive oil, and salt. Perfect paleo chip! There's another brand that's only ingridients are potatoes, avocado oil, and salt Avocado Oil Potato Chips | Good Health
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    I was also going to recommend traders joes kettle cooked olive oil chips, only ingridients listed are potatoes, olive oil, and salt. Perfect paleo chip! There's another brand that's only ingridients are potatoes, avocado oil, and salt Avocado Oil Potato Chips | Good Health
    Love the Good Health Avocado chips! They are difficult to find but whenever I do come across I scoop up a bag or two.
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    *Kale Chips
    *Butternut Squash Chips
    *Eggplant Chips
    *Zucchini Chips
    *Tomato Chips
    *Cabbage Chips
    *Mushroom Chips

-- You can honestly make a chip out of anything, just need to dehydrate or bake it!

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    1. Peel potatoes
    2. Slice potatoes thin
    3. toss in health oil or fat
    4. Bake at 400 until crispy

They come out awesome, I actually prefer them to most store bought chips. (For some reason, nothing will ever beat Wavy Lays for me, just love them.)

diene is offline Senior Member
    I took a good look at that acrylamide list just now. And, OH MY GOD, I'm never eating chips and fries ever again. Geez! Thanks for aggravating my food paranoia.

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the nice ideas. I will make my own, with good oil. I want to replace chips because they are bad fat. No need for that in my body. If I can find something as crispy/salty but healthier, that's great! I'm very interested in trying to make my own, potaoes or carrots or else. Thanks for the step by step how to!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123