Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Nailing the blood test page 7

  1. #61
    CarbDodger's Avatar
    CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    782
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, actually that doesn't support my argument, unless we're speaking of EXACTLY the argument of the webpage I mentioned before, then that may help, is it?
    yes it does support your argument- It is the actual research. I went to the effort of finding the actual research not some food magazines interpretation of it and a professional reply and the response of the authors to the reply. links are in my post below read them.

    The research is pretty poor quality - the only information they used was how many eggs do you eat on a self completed questionnaire from other studies. There are lots of flaws if you look.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-02-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

  2. #62
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    yes it does support your argument- It is the actual research. I went to the effort of finding the actual research not some food magazines interpretation of it and a professional reply and the response of the authors to the reply. links are in my post below read them.

    The research is pretty poor quality - the only information they used was how many eggs do you eat on a self completed questionnaire from other studies. There are lots of flaws if you look

  3. #63
    EatMoveSleep's Avatar
    EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    But just to be sure, we're talking of the study of the spanish webpage I mentioned?
    Yes the results part listed was part of the report of the actual study in the US of 57000 people.
    CarbDodger listed the links go have a look at them. The study results were reported and interpreted by many news outlets there is nothing special about the spanish website's opinion or spin on the results ( I don't know why this particular site is so important to you - the source is what is relevant).

    Interestingly the same research team in the US have a study that shows cholesterol consumption cause heart disease but your parents choose to believe that's a myth.

    Why don't they not go with the cholesterol danger idea too - almost every doctor does, the majority of the population does, media does, maybe even their favourite Spanish website does (probably) - why don't they follow this majority too (they think majority is most likely right - correct?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    P.S: Stop bragging about how many eggs you eat you lucky guy!
    I'm reading all about the supposed 'dangers of eggs' - whilst eating a plate of them. The thread topic reminds to look if I have enough in the fridge for the next few days........it just appeals to my weird sense of humour

  4. #64
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Yes the results part listed was part of the report of the actual study in the US of 57000 people.
    CarbDodger listed the links go have a look at them. The study results were reported and interpreted by many news outlets there is nothing special about the spanish website's opinion or spin on the results ( I don't know why this particular site is so important to you - the source is what is relevant).

    Interestingly the same research team in the US have a study that shows cholesterol consumption cause heart disease but your parents choose to believe that's a myth.

    Why don't they not go with the cholesterol danger idea too - almost every doctor does, the majority of the population does, media does, maybe even their favourite Spanish website does (probably) - why don't they follow this majority too (they think majority is most likely right - correct?)



    I'm reading all about the supposed 'dangers of eggs' - whilst eating a plate of them. The thread topic reminds to look if I have enough in the fridge for the next few days........it just appeals to my weird sense of humour
    Actually it's just a random webpage that supports their argument, this is going to be a saturation attack, till they lose all their arguments against eggs.

    And apparently the cholesterol myth either isn't very extended here or my parents know it's false, I mean, they're not stupid at all, and their sources are apparently better than mine.

    How do you eat your eggs? With butter, with olive oil, in a big omelet?
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: This is the edit EatMoveSleep deserves, but not the one he needs right now

  5. #65
    EatMoveSleep's Avatar
    EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Actually it's just a random webpage that supports their argument, this is going to be a saturation attack, till they lose all their arguments against eggs.

    And apparently the cholesterol myth either isn't very extended here or my parents know it's false, I mean, they're not stupid at all, and their sources are apparently better than mine.
    You're one determined kid

    Hey to be fair, your parents are looking out for you. They are protecting you with the information they have (and it's possible their arguments and information is right). Don't believe everything you read on the net, websites, forums, media, government etc - it could be false or inaccurate and some of it may be from scammers (they are definitely right about this).

    Yeah cholesterol is the big talking 'issue' in Aus and from what I read the US too - everybody 'knows' its causes heart disease - especially doctors (even young children 'know' - you guys in Spain should 'get with program' )

    This diabetes from eggs is not even mentioned here at all (by anyone - including doctors to my knowledge) - I think this probably applies to the US too.
    They may have read this 2008 study and dismissed it as garbage ( I don't know as I cant remember any reference to it before).

    Every 5 years or so, "health authorities" and the media 'flip-flop' on the health state of egg consumption (the media make money from "News" stories regardless of the truth or accuracy) - currently here they are considered good, about 5 years ago they were bad, in 5 years time they probably will be bad again.......but egg is still the same.

    The reality is the state of the the healthiness of the eggs never changed : if they are good/bad, they always were good/bad and always will be (the eggs didn't change - the perception changed).

    I'm going with the 'risk' of that they good, I have my reasons for excepting that, I won't bother listing reasons here.

    Below is a MDA story on eggs ( a comment in the form of a question and responses from Mark Sisson )

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/eggs-...thy-breakfast/

    ---------
    Question :
    Hey Mark,

    I took a look at the study provided at the following link and it is very lacking, however, I was hoping that you could help me better understand why it’s lacking and what’s wrong with it. It’s basically a post claiming that eating more than 7 eggs a week can increase your risk of type 2 diabetes:

    http://www.thatsfit.com/2008/11/21/e...-the-bad-news/

    Andrew R

    ------
    Answer: from Mark Sisson
    Andrew R –

    “these data suggest that high levels of egg consumption (daily) are associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes in men and women.”

    “Associated” is the key word here. There may be a correlation, but there also may be a correlation between people who eat more eggs and their likelihood of eating a higher carb diet overall. This sort of study is good food for thought, but can be a bit misleading.
    --------

  6. #66
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    239
    OK, I'll add it to my personal mental library, thanks for the advice!
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-03-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Quantum physics and cats

  7. #67
    Cryptocode's Avatar
    Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norco, California
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    yes it does support your argument- It is the actual research. I went to the effort of finding the actual research not some food magazines interpretation of it and a professional reply and the response of the authors to the reply. links are in my post below read them.

    The research is pretty poor quality - the only information they used was how many eggs do you eat on a self completed questionnaire from other studies. There are lots of flaws if you look.
    CarbDodger has put in considerable effort to find the exact study and "a professional reply and the response of the authors to the reply". OP owes him a big thank you. You should be able to find that reply and response in spanish, either on that same website or another.

    Do you really think that a questionaire asking "how many eggs did you eat last year, or the last 10 years" is usefull information compared with a controlled test? Especially when all other foods, except asprin and B-carotene, were not controlled in any way. If you point this out to your parents who are very smart, they should certainly see the problem.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

  8. #68
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    239
    Got it

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •