Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does coffee affect appetite? page 3

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Are you kidding? It's like nectar from the heavens. Bitter and sour at once. Yum!
    Cream only improves it because cream improves everything by default (it's just a +1), but coffee on its own has to be one of the best tastes in the world.
    I have a really vigorous sweet tooth. Bitter anything is a definite no-no for me. I have to always have something sweet alongside any meal that is considered savory.

The smell is definitely very pleasant though.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm also one who loves the bitter... I actually prefer limes over other citrus for this reason, and really love the peel muddled into a drink to get that bitter hit.
    For coffees I stick to the big and bold flavors of local cuban espresso beans.
    Black and rich and beautiful.

Husband otoh really sweetens the crap out of his coffee!
    If I accidentally grab his cup not looking I choke and spit... gahhh.
    And I can't tell you how many times he's asked me if I was going to brew a pot and then not had a cup at all... just because he likes the smell in the house.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I have a really vigorous sweet tooth. Bitter anything is a definite no-no for me. I have to always have something sweet alongside any meal that is considered savory.

The smell is definitely very pleasant though.
    *shrug* I like strong flavours. Sweet is hard for me, as it's either so subtle it's akin to bland or so strong it overwhelms other flavours. Bitter, sour and spicy tastes are my favourites. I like them either VERY strong in a small amount (a mug or two of very thick coffee, two chillis, a lemon...), or slightly diluted in larger quantities (curries made with cream and butter or stir-fried eggs with lemon and salt). The taste of blood is pretty much indescribable (not really sweet, sour or salty, but a new flavour that's a bit like a combination of all), but should also be listed with the nice tastes.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps it's your adaptation to fat-burning kicking up a gear. I drink decaff or low caff coffee and black or herbal teas through the day. The only one I've needed to put CO in was Chai as it's quite strong/bitter otherwise. But I currently have a stinking cold and am drinking Chai with no need for CO now my taste sense is blunted.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    If the high doses of caffeine are affecting your blood sugar levels, which for some, it may,that could send you into a spiral of overeating and ravenous hunger!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    When I first started drinking coffee, it was with a splash of milk and a teaspoon of sugar because that is the way my mother drank it. Then I slowly went to no sugar at all, but still with the milk or cream - cream preferably. I do drink it black sometimes, but it has to be really good coffee. The few times I've drank it sweetened since I stopped putting sugar in it, it was just yuck.
    Last edited by Lynna; 05-30-2013 at 05:23 AM. Reason: cuz my age addled brain and fingers don't communicate

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    I switched to caffeinated tea so it is not the caffeine....didnt know if there was something in coffee leading to the hunger/binges...also went from 2tb of cream in coffee to 1tb of half and half so if anything I thought I'd be hungrier...

What about the infusion of vitamin D from being in the sun a few days? Can a deficiency have been causing my ravenous hunger/binges?

Sent from my PG06100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123