Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 88

Koobs is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Because lifting weights is hard and most people are lazy.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hehe... I'll give you some plus points if you wear them like that.

But then I've been known to hang in some freaky clubs.
    Many years ago I worked the door on a club which was frequented by the occasional leather Queen. A habit I picked up was once I'dlet someonethrob the door was turning around and watching them walk in and up the stairs (see where I'm going with this?..).

Now the purpose of doing so was that drunkv folks can often hold it together long enough to appear sooner enough at the door to get in, but often give them self away once theyre in, especially when faced with steep stairs. Likewise asshats (straight, gay and anything in between) can behave pleasant to a doorman but then betray their true identity as soon as they think they are safely in the club. We used to get groups of staunch young straight guys trying to get in to "experience" the sights, often this was at the urging of a particular member of the group who was either a little too interested or you could just tell would end up not able to actually handle being hit on by a 6' 3" drag Queen and get punchy.

So, one evening after I'd been working there for a few weeks to gentlemen in their 50's to 60's, both wearing long over coats approached the door and after a brief (and very straight sounding chat with my very straight doorman colleague ) about the rugby matches earlier that night, entered the club. As was now my habit, I turned to watch then walk up the stairs just in time for them to have finished taking off their coats and see basically two shiny white arses, arms and white haired heads float up the dimly lit stairs thanks to the black leather chaps and waistcoats.

The other guy on the door couldn't stop laughing at the look on my face. He knew the guys and exactly what I was going to see when I turned around
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Men - look no further: the answer is here!

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Men - look no further: the answer is here!
    I'm wearing two. You know, to look twice as buff.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm wearing two. You know, to look twice as buff.
    One over the other, or one in the front, one in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    One over the other, or one in the front, one in the back?
    Well, I know the ladies like a well-muscled back view so obviously one on the front and one on the back. Do you think a third might be over doing it?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, I know the ladies like a well-muscled back view so obviously one on the front and one on the back. Do you think a third might be over doing it?
    Not if you plan to roll it up and stick it down the front of your pants. Your popularity with the ladies will skyrocket!

Not if you plan to roll it up and stick it down the front of your pants. Your popularity with the ladies will skyrocket!
    I see you have sussed out my master plan. I plan to hold it all in place with ducted tape and fishing line. I hear that is manly.
    Last edited by canio6; 06-21-2013 at 11:29 AM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    LOL. That thing is pretty funny.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget the back of the pants! We ladies do love a plastic-hard, chest shaped butt
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast