Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 8

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    dude posting a picture of himself shirtless to show off his abs
    That poster frequently has been asked by the women of MDA to show photos of himself shirtless.

dabears is offline Member
    this thread is hilarious.

first off, no man lifting properly with compound lifts of heavy to moderate intensity (not high rep type bodybuilder isolation workouts to fuel "fluid filled muscle hypertrophy") with a natural diet (not one complete with a cocktail of drugs / given genetic ability) is going to turn into what geeknik is describing. It takes YEARS of lifting.

Geeknik, frankly people like you piss me off. You think that by the mere act of picking up a weight a man will balloon into arnold? How shortsighted of you to discount the years of discipline, hard work, and mental restraint it takes to achieve elite strength goals.

And that is great your husband looks good. Could he save you from a burning building? Could he save another man? There is more to functional strength than just "looking lean". Your general attitude disgusts me.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    America is becoming a nation of sparkling-vampire, everyone gets a medal, skinny jeans-wearing, emo music-listening, whale-saving, Prius-driving, Axe-wearing sissies. Guys would rather talk about their feelings with the girls they're too chicken to ask out and play video games than get under weights that could crush them or learn to throw a proper punch.
    What's worse, that, or the bodybuilders who lift only to "score" chicks? As in, their sole motivation is something as shameless as that. Nothing health related, as they typically don't follow a healthy diet(shitty oxidized protein powders and oatz), roiding, and spending way too much time working out.

Nothing like a shortened life span to fuck dumb whores, as that's about the only kinds of women interested in someone more obsessed with looking at their guns than having an actual personality.

I'm a sparkling vampire, skinny jeans wearing, emo music listening, whale saving, sissy. Except I don't drive a Prius, though it gets great gas mileage, and I don't think anyone over the age of 13 wears Axe. I'd rather bike ride, hike, sprint, and take scenic walks than pick shit up and put it down or hang out in the gym with a bunch of sweating bros staring at your junk and spouting out reddit memes 24/7.

We're all gonna make it brah. Do you even lift?

Oh, and in case the message is missed, I do not give a singular fuck what specific women are attracted to, those that want to change the way I'm most comfortable being(myself) can take a short walk off a very large cliff. Or, just not be interested in me. Which is to my benefit. Plenty of large men to go out and explicit you silly, and roll over you like a sweaty ape.

Men aren't supposed to be anything, and certainly not meant to please your very shallow palate.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-29-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears View Post
    this thread is hilarious.

first off, no man lifting properly with compound lifts of heavy to moderate intensity (not high rep type bodybuilder isolation workouts to fuel "fluid filled muscle hypertrophy") with a natural diet (not one complete with a cocktail of drugs / given genetic ability) is going to turn into what geeknik is describing. It takes YEARS of lifting.

Geeknik, frankly people like you piss me off. You think that by the mere act of picking up a weight a man will balloon into arnold? How shortsighted of you to discount the years of discipline, hard work, and mental restraint it takes to achieve elite strength goals.

And that is great your husband looks good. Could he save you from a burning building? Could he save another man? There is more to functional strength than just "looking lean". Your general attitude disgusts me.
    I think geeknik is more complaining about specific people's personal tastes, and the discredit of others, rather than whatever a person lifts. If someone is strong, good for them, but to say all people have to be like this because it turns me on is pretty annoying.

Do you even lift bro?
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What's worse, that, or the bodybuilders who lift only to "score" chicks? As in, their sole motivation is something as shameless as that. Nothing health related, as they typically don't follow a healthy diet(shitty oxidized protein powders and oatz), roiding, and spending way too much time working out.

Nothing like a shortened life span to fuck dumb whores, as that's about the only kinds of women interested in someone more obsessed with looking at their guns than having an actual personality.

I'm a sparkling vampire, skinny jeans wearing, emo music listening, whale saving, sissy. Except I don't drive a Prius, though it gets great gas mileage, and I don't think anyone over the age of 13 wears Axe. I'd rather bike ride, hike, sprint, and take scenic walks than pick shit up and put it down or hang out in the gym with a bunch of sweating bros staring at your junk and spouting out reddit memes 24/7.

We're all gonna make it brah. Do you even lift?

Oh, and in case the message is missed, I do not give a singular fuck what specific women are attracted to, those that want to change the way I'm most comfortable being(myself) can take a short walk off a very large cliff. Men aren't supposed to be anything, and certainly not meant to please your very shallow palate.
    So your argument is that being a useful douchebag is somehow worse than being a useless one?

Training purely for aesthetic reasons is certainly worthy of ridicule. But nobody's talking about that here. It's a complete straw man.

Weakness is not a virtue. Its not useful. Being a man has always meant being capable. Being capable is always more attractive to a physiologically and psychologically normal woman than being incapable.

If you want to prove some point by not making any efforts to be attractive, why not maim yourself or have plastic surgery to deform your face? Then you can read some Sylvia Plath and cry yourself to sleep, content in your own self-righteousness.

dabears is offline Member
    yeah i lift.

and you'd totally be a gatherer in the primal times

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I don't think this link is as strong as you think it is. I lift because I get some immediate benefits to the overall look of my body. But it doesn't move the tummy dial much. That's mostly about food and maybe a bunch of walking.
    Lifting definitely helped with my gut a few years ago, haha. I was around 270 and got down to 215 about 8 months later. How'd I do it? I cut out candy and soda, but this was before I had learned about primal living, so I was still eating a lot of "heart healthy" whole grains and "low fat" garbage. I didn't walk much. My only exercise was doing compound movements 2-3 times each week. A barbell is big medicine!
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    yeah i lift.

Not so sure. He might break a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    So your argument is that being a useful douchebag is somehow worse than being a useless one?

Training purely for aesthetic reasons is certainly worthy of ridicule. But nobody's talking about that here. It's a complete straw man.

Weakness is not a virtue. Its not useful. Being a man has always meant being capable. Being capable is always more attractive to a physiologically and psychologically normal woman than being incapable.

If you want to prove some point by not making any efforts to be attractive, why not maim yourself or have plastic surgery to deform your face? Then you can read some Sylvia Plath and cry yourself to sleep, content in your own self-righteousness.
    No, my argument was against training for aesthetics. Most of the posts I read(didn't read much) were about aesthetics, not functionality. In this day and age, lifting heavy shit isn't all that useful. Done properly, it's purely for the perceived benefits you get health related, though I question this too. What bodybuilders do is anything but.

No idea what your last paragraph means, but, it's certainly far off my point. There isn't any one type for every person, you disagree? I don't have any difficulties attracting the opposite sex, never have, and never will.

PrimalCon New York
    yeah i lift.

No, I'd be the one inventing fire. You'd be the one killing my food, and your wife would be the one serving me.

Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast