Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 7

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Well, at least we entertain each other.

I don't know.... I just look around and well, women should look like women and men should look like men. And it seems like we are morphing to either very thin stick people OR blobs. It's just not sexy. Women should have some curves, men should have some muscles. Nice things to grab onto during hot sex, you know.
    I agree. What's with all the older women who get man haircuts and wear masculine clothing?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    What's with all the older women who get man haircuts and wear masculine clothing?
    They are married to men who don't lift.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Well, at least we entertain each other.

I don't know.... I just look around and well, women should look like women and men should look like men. And it seems like we are morphing to either very thin stick people OR blobs. It's just not sexy. Women should have some curves, men should have some muscles. Nice things to grab onto during hot sex, you know.
    Aesthetically, I'm with you. I like T & A on my womens, even if it comes with a couple of extra pounds. And as a big, put not particularly trim, guy, I'm glad that some women are into it.

But.....I'm not into the whole "real" thing. "Real women have curves" is a reaction to the oppressiveness of skinny, and I get the reaction. But sometimes women are just skinny and ass-challenged. I'm not into it, but that doesn't make them any less real.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    But sometimes women are just skinny and ass-challenged. I'm not into it, but that doesn't make them any less real.
    Yeah, there are and the ones who are like that naturally are pretty in a willowy way. But too many women try and starve their nice ass off.

I guess it comes down to different strokes for different folks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    They are married to men who don't lift.
    Bahahahaaa!!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, there are and the ones who are like that naturally are pretty in a willowy way. But too many women try and starve their nice ass off.
    Be More, Not Less

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I would like my 62 year old boyfriend to lift weights not so that he'll have bigger muscles or be more attractive. I'm just sick of him complaining about all his aches and pains and just resigning to a life of a little bit less mobility and strength year by year. He's just one of those people who think it's inevitable that when you are old that you hurt, can't move and have to take a lot of pills. I can't seem to convince him otherwise.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I'd like my husband to lift to reduce some of his belly fat, as his occasional (very occasional) cardio obviously does nothing and he won't eat less.

Plus, I selfishly want to train together, at home or in the gym, doesn't matter.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, a thread about men not lifting has turned to a dude posting a picture of himself shirtless to show off his abs, and a bunch of talk about penis size. Maybe there's a connection between these things...

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I'd like my husband to lift to reduce some of his belly fat
    I don't think this link is as strong as you think it is. I lift because I get some immediate benefits to the overall look of my body. But it doesn't move the tummy dial much. That's mostly about food and maybe a bunch of walking.

Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast