Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 68

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You took the easy route for a much longer time, and paid for it.
    Uhh, I feel like I actually took a harder route for a much longer time. Trust me.... MDA is not hard work at all.

I mean, I don't blame anyone for how I am/was. I just wish that somehow, some way, "Low Fat" could be pushed off it's pedestal as the way to be. I mean, I wasn't eating low fat and thinking I was doing a bad thing to myself in the way that a drug user knows the coke is bad. Yeah, I knew the cupcake was bad, BUT HAD NO IDEA that upping fat and protein would make me not want the damn cupcake. I just figured that upping fat and protein would make me even fatter when I ate the cupcake....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    fat makes you fat *nod*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears View Post
    If you want to be obese (and therefore very likely unhealthy) that is your own personal choice. Just like it is my personal choice to look down on you for it. For example, I've experimented with party drugs in my past, and I wouldn't be upset if someone looked down on me for it. I know it is unhealthy, but it was my CHOICE to try them. But I wouldn't go around attempting to parade those drugs as healthy or socially acceptable which is exactly what the obese do with their "curves talk", plus sized mannequins in stores, dove ads, etc... trying to make an unhealthy lifestyle choice into something that is socially embraced. It isn't, and never will be.

Nobodies perfect, but you are cheating yourself if you don't do the very best you can in everything you do.
    That right there is about where you need to hold on.
    Words have meaning.
    Obese has a meaning.
    "Plus sized models" are not in the OBESE weight range, they are anywhere from the upper end of "healthy weight" to in the "slightly to moderately overweight" range in stark contrast to most models who are at the extreme low end of healthy/normal weight, and often underweight.
    The ladies in the Dove ads fall into this "plus sized" category, not "OBESE".

The upper end of healthy weight and up to moderately overweight has the LOWEST incidence of all cause mortality.
    And the people in these weight ranges are at NO MORE risk of any disease than those in the healthy/normal weight range.

Just because it doesn't look as nice in a bikini on the beach doesn't mean there is some great issue with health.
    People packing a few extra pounds and NOT "obese" can, and often are healthy, often eat healthy, and often hit the gym.
    They just aren't skinny enough for assholes like you.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

dabears is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That right there is about where you need to hold on.
    Words have meaning.
    Obese has a meaning.
    "Plus sized models" are not in the OBESE weight range, they are anywhere from the upper end of "healthy weight" to in the "slightly to moderately overweight" range in stark contrast to most models who are at the extreme low end of healthy/normal weight, and often underweight.
    The ladies in the Dove ads fall into this "plus sized" category, not "OBESE".

The upper end of healthy weight and up to moderately overweight has the LOWEST incidence of all cause mortality.
    And the people in these weight ranges are at NO MORE risk of any disease than those in the healthy/normal weight range.

Just because it doesn't look as nice in a bikini on the beach doesn't mean there is some great issue with health.
    People packing a few extra pounds and NOT "obese" can, and often are healthy, often eat healthy, and often hit the gym.
    They just aren't skinny enough for assholes like you.
    here is my "obese" definition for you

as a women in my opinion if you are greater than 30% bodyfat, you have work to do. Nor should you be happy with your figure.

and on the flip side...

if you are greater than 20% bodyfat as a male, you have work to do. Nor should you be happy with your figure.

And I'll even argue myself here first, the most important factor of health is your lean body mass. Two individuals with identical body fat %'s would have different physiques due to their relative strength/LBM.

So for me the above serves as a rough guide of obese (and typical BMI chart would recommend similar).

Work out, eat right to build muscle, lose fat, get stronger & more useful and look healthier.

Appearance is a consequence of fitness - Mark Twight, trainer for the 300 actors.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    We did do leg work. It just led us to the wrong answer I guess. It's not like I didn't keep looking around for solutions, it's just I kept finding the same "low fat" solution from all resources.

I found out about paleo from my brother who had success with it.
    i guess what i'm saying is looking in legitimate sources, not just check out line magazine stands and network tv. i don't doubt that people are working hard to find the solutions. i just questions the sources they choose to follow
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you do realize i had to come to the weird part of google to learn about primal, right?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    guess what i'm saying is looking in legitimate sources
    I mean, I tried my doctor, the doctor at planned parenthood, the fitness trainer.... the dude who wrote south beach diet. They all say the same shit Oprah and Shape say. I even tried some cuckoo nutso vegetarian people. Same story.

The only people I didn't hit up were the body builder dudes. Assumed they used steroids.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you do realize i had to come to the weird part of google to learn about primal, right?
    This.

And it's completely 100% contrary to what your doctor, nutritionist, personal trainer, every doctor Phd written diet/health book that any one with any credentials recommends.
    And if you tell or ask your doctor, nutritionist, or personal trainer about it they are likely to freak out...
    Maybe not your personal trainer this year... but a year or so ago... yeah. Still low fat, healthywholegrains, LEANprotein gonna kill me.

One of the main reasons I stopped and stayed on MDA was that picture of Mark Sisson in VFFs.
    I had been wearing them for about 3 years already because of nerve damage in my right foot cause by my autoimmune disease and I thought "Hey, maybe this guy is listening to some clues that no one else does... like me"
    That was it.
    It was kind of that random chance and that I was already eating 90% Primal by default because of eliminations due to autoimmune diseases.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-17-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I recall some years back reading about a famous, successful fashion designer who married an exceptionally thin model. All the models he hired for his shows were exceptionally thin, like size 0 or thinner. The clothes he made didn't fit women even at the bottom of the normal size range, as the clothing was designed for women who had no hips. He was quoted as saying he didn't understand how a woman could let herself become a size 8.

dabears is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    my ideal is a fit size 10-12, I find "skinny" women just as out of shape and unattractive as obese ones.

Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast