Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 60

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OH FOR FUCK's SAKE,

I weigh in at a HOG FAT 172 lbs. Even when I was a hippo like 215lbs, I never ate copious amounts of junk food. I never even ate junk food. You know what, I can count on one hand the number of women I know that eat junk food/fast food on a regular basis. It takes two hands to count all the "hog fat" women I know that work out and watch what they eat.

The "fat people are lazy and eat junk and are stupid" myth is probably helping obesity grow. There are a lot of dynamics including lack of education, poverty, access to food, chemicals in our food (which I think is a big reason we have fat people that work out and "eat right"), lack of time etc. Yeah, I know there is a chunk of our population that is ass on the couch, hand in the chips.

The idea that somehow "fat is becoming acceptable in America" is laughable to me. OK, maybe plus size clothes are easier to find, and we get a fat actress to laugh at. But at least for women, no.. the message is still pretty clear that if you aren't a Barbie, you aren't pretty. Well, you can also be athlete lean now. But no.... there is no message out there being taken seriously that being fat is somehow OK.

Even here- hell, we have some asshole with a 113lb wife calling average women "Hog Fat". He is comparing me to a farm animal. He is comparing your wives, daughters, co-workers, the chick who smoked you at the 5K, the gal at CrossFit, probably half the women on MDA farm animals because they carry some excess fat that is not likely even a health problem.

If you live in Korea or Europe or anywhere else, it's not America's fault you are getting fat. It's your own damn fault. Anyone who is fat- it's their own damn fault but it doesn't make them stupid, lazy, a glutton or a bad person. TRUST ME. THEY KNOWTHEY ARE FAT AND FEEL LIKE SHIT ABOUT IT.

If you are fit and healthy and look amazeballs and are a hard body, you have a right to be all Mr. Anthony proud of yourself. Hell, go proclaim your sexy awesomeness and show photos, thanks. But you don't need to insult and put down the people who haven't achieved what you have achieved. If you think calling women "Hogs" or calling out someone in a bikini who has some flab is going to fix the problem, you are the stupid one. If you want to help, do something productive- introduce the fat lady at work to weights, plant a garden in a poor area with no grocery store. Or just mind your own fucking business.

But please, don't come on a message board meant to help people lose weight, where people often struggle and get stuck and flounder and start spewing shit about how much fat people suck. Because it's like going into Overeater Anonymous and saying "My wives coworkers are hog fat and you fat people are stupid anyway".

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge around here that Americans (and others) are fat because they eat the wrong foods, they don't eat foods on the Primal Blueprint list, they eat the Ken Korg foods. One of the reasons they don't eat the right foods is that we've been misled by scientists, doctors and others about what is a healthy diet. It's not really about gluttony, sloth and tv watching.
    It's both. It is the bad foods that make a people unhealthy. But its the gluttony and sloth that makes them obese. You could eat nothing but McDonald's and twinkies and still be skinny because at the end of the day calories do matter. You could eat 8000 calories a day of steak, sweet potatoes, kerrygold, and broccoli and be fat. Its overeating the bad stuff that is a double whammy
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You guys just don't understand what it is like to be a woman. And you never will. It's not even worth explaining it to you. It does not take gluttony and sloth to get obese as a woman. I can do it on salad and daily jogging. That's why the Primal Blueprint is so amazing. I mean really, bacon and easing off the exercise will change my body? Holy shit! And it did, too. But it didn't turn me into a pubescent little filly of a girl. I'm still womanly. Sorry to disappoint. I know men don't really like women as much as they think they do. Oh well.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You guys just don't understand what it is like to be a woman. And you never will. It's not even worth explaining it to you. It does not take gluttony and sloth to get obese as a woman. I can do it on salad and daily jogging. That's why the Primal Blueprint is so amazing. I mean really, bacon and easing off the exercise will change my body? Holy shit! And it did, too. But it didn't turn me into a pubescent little filly of a girl. I'm still womanly. Sorry to disappoint. I know men don't really like women as much as they think they do. Oh well.
    I don't think anyone is disappointed in your womanly-ness at all. It's amazing what happens when people (especially women with wacked out hormones) stop treating their bodies like crap and start nourishing them and taking care of them. That's when the magic happens. So yes, I agree with you. Salad, jogging and stress are no good. Pb foods, heavy lifting and happiness are good. Now spread the word! Haha

I also I know that one can be overweight while eating paleo/primal if they overeat. And that's not specific to men or women
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

That's when the magic happens.
    Yes..it is magical, but realize that even with the magic and calorie counting, some of us still end up looking like bikini pic #1 and weighing in at "hog fat" weights. Kinda like when some men start lifting and eating primal, the magic doesn't give them a 6 pack or monster biceps.

And keep in mind that for some women (actually a lot here), the difference between "maintenance" and "overweight" looks like eating 1500 vs 1700 calories, not 2600 versus 8000.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5'9"... the difference for me is more like 1200 and 1500.

Primal fixed many symptoms of disease for me... but there is real damage that it can't undo.
    I eat one normal sized meal a day.
    I'm a "HOG".

Isn't that awesome.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    We can blame the diet being unhealthy on the doctors and the scientists, but it is also a matter of gluttony. People buy tons of snacks like potato chips and eat them in inordinate amounts, people drink a lot of soda, people eat lunch at fast food restaurants daily, is that what the medical establishment recommends? People just enjoy eating junk, and lots of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    It's both. It is the bad foods that make a people unhealthy. But its the gluttony and sloth that makes them obese. You could eat nothing but McDonald's and twinkies and still be skinny because at the end of the day calories do matter. You could eat 8000 calories a day of steak, sweet potatoes, kerrygold, and broccoli and be fat. Its overeating the bad stuff that is a double whammy
    It's the gluttony. When they changed the nutritional guidelines and obesity suddenly increased, it was hundreds of millions of Americans suddenly becoming gluttons that was the real cause.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I don't think anyone is disappointed in your womanly-ness at all. It's amazing what happens when people (especially women with wacked out hormones) stop treating their bodies like crap and start nourishing them and taking care of them. That's when the magic happens. So yes, I agree with you. Salad, jogging and stress are no good. Pb foods, heavy lifting and happiness are good. Now spread the word! Haha

I also I know that one can be overweight while eating paleo/primal if they overeat. And that's not specific to men or women
    So it's still really only about gluttony.

You hog fat glutton. Get it under control, are you stupid or something?
    I'm tired of paying the high medical costs of your cellulite riddled saddlebags.

We need to send you to Korea and feed you 1/2 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of fermented fish a day and if you sneak more food, we'll cut your hands. Get the number on the scale down one way or another.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I hear you. I'm 5'4" and that's my zone as well. I cannot maintain if I eat 2000 calories a day....I gain. I have to eat under 1200 to lose.

(Although of course since everyone knows calories don't matter, it's probably really just my tiny little hog brain making me think this way.)

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yes..it is magical, but realize that even with the magic and calorie counting, some of us still end up looking like bikini pic #1 and weighing in at "hog fat" weights. Kinda like when some men start lifting and eating primal, the magic doesn't give them a 6 pack or monster biceps.

And keep in mind that for some women (actually a lot here), the difference between "maintenance" and "overweight" looks like eating 1500 vs 1700 calories, not 2600 versus 8000.
    Agreed. I think a lot of people are out of touch with what it means to be healthy. And they still equate magazine cover models with health. The people on those magazines are not healthy either

Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast