Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 59

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureman View Post
    Right! Hell, every time I go to visit my sisters in the US I can see how FAT Americans have become. Too much reality TV and not enough exercise, perhaps?
    Perhaps. Or the 130lbs of sugar the avg citizen consumes each year (it's 18% of their nation's food supply by calories).

But there's nothing they can learn from other cultures, because they got it all figured out.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hint: the people you are talking to on these boards don't eat the foods "Americans" eat.

But we sure don't need to follow in the footsteps of the twisted ass asian cultures to fix ourselves.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    It's actually the Asian cultures who are now following in the Americans footsteps and getting the same failed results.

Americans following in the footsteps of older cultures obviously isn't happening.

Although Paleo is about doing that, yes, and we aren't the masses, true.

Lets try to keep it sane.

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Perhaps. Or the 130lbs of sugar the avg citizen consumes each year (it's 18% of their nation's food supply by calories).
    Yep. Every one I have met in the states who are fat, don't care about their health or very little else. Sad really. I was born and raised in the US but could never understand that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    But there's nothing they can learn from other cultures, because they got it all figured out.
    I know. Americans think they are better than the rest of the world. Not anymore. Sad. The decline has begun.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    This is why I always look to asians to lead the way...
    6 Japanese Subcultures That Are Insane (Even for Japan) | Cracked.com

Not to mention their amazing penchant for scat.
    Woo... yeah.
    I'm looking to that for leadership!
    Asia is not Japan and vice versa. In fact, most asians would regard Japanese as wierdos (if you are in doubt, just watch their TV shows).
    Few but ripe.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    If a woman get some age on her and her parts are sagging a bit, then is in the upper end of the healthy range she very likely will have some cellulite. She will be judged.
    Add a few more pounds and put her in the "moderately overweight" category, which is actually know to be the lowest incidence for all cause mortality and not really any higher for any medical issues, and she will definitely have a gut, fat thighs, cellulite... look exactly like the fat lady in the bikini Choco posted, and the lot of you will be yelling OMG she's OBESE!!!
    We're worried she's going to have a stroke at any second and run up our medical costs.
    It's bullshit. Pure hyperbole.
    +1
    Few but ripe.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Quite honestly (and I'm going to come off like a total asshole here) I think fat people are amusing and stupid. And I'm not talking about someone who is 10-40lbs heavy. I'm talking about the 50+ lbs overweight people. If you truly don't care about yourself enough to not get that fat and unhealthy, then why should I care about you? Same for people who smoke cigarettes or engage in other similar activities. People know the risks, but engage in the activity anyway. I feel that way across the board. Skydiving is awesome, but I don't feel bad for the guy who gets hurt or dies doing it. He knew the risks.
    I attended one of the best engineering schools. Couple of fat dudes (yes 50+ lbs overweight) in my class never cared about themselves and all they cared about was mathematics and programming. And they were very nice. Very friendly and seemed incapable of a bad thought. Incredibly smart. None of the slim, muscular, weight-lifting, sky diving, running, swimming dudes were even within visible range compared to their IQ.
    I am still in touch with them. Both of them are doing very well in life.

I can assure they wont care that a fit dude dont care about them. As i said they are incapable harbouring a bad thought.
    Few but ripe.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureman View Post
    Right! Hell, every time I go to visit my sisters in the US I can see how FAT Americans have become. Too much reality TV and not enough exercise, perhaps?
    I thought it was common knowledge around here that Americans (and others) are fat because they eat the wrong foods, they don't eat foods on the Primal Blueprint list, they eat the Ken Korg foods. One of the reasons they don't eat the right foods is that we've been misled by scientists, doctors and others about what is a healthy diet. It's not really about gluttony, sloth and tv watching.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

quikky is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge around here that Americans (and others) are fat because they eat the wrong foods, they don't eat foods on the Primal Blueprint list, they eat the Ken Korg foods. One of the reasons they don't eat the right foods is that we've been misled by scientists, doctors and others about what is a healthy diet. It's not really about gluttony, sloth and tv watching.
    We can blame the diet being unhealthy on the doctors and the scientists, but it is also a matter of gluttony. People buy tons of snacks like potato chips and eat them in inordinate amounts, people drink a lot of soda, people eat lunch at fast food restaurants daily, is that what the medical establishment recommends? People just enjoy eating junk, and lots of it.

Few but ripe.

Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast