Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 58

Goldust is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Occasionally I post taunting the "fat acceptance" movement in the West; my experience in Asia is why. I think fat acceptance directly promotes getting fatter.
    I have to agree with this. The typical American is so overweight now that people think that fat/over weight is the new normal and that people who are at a healthy weight are under weight. My wife is 5' 5" and about 118lbs., she works out regularly and her arms and abs are actually getting fairly muscular/well defined. The average American women her height weighs a hog fat 160-165lbs. Subsequently everyone at her office is always telling her about how "skinny" and "underweight" she is and how she needs to eat more etc. presumably so that she can be soft, sloppy, jiggly etc. like just about everybody else where she works. She says that she can literally count on one hand the number of people who look as if they do any kind of physical activity at all.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Here's why men should lift weights: I've been quasi-seeing this girl, sort of, and she's been getting a lot more into thinking about nutrition and lifting. She's not in bad shape or anything, but just hasn't really put all this stuff together in her head as comprehensively as I have yet.

Anyway, we were out and about recently, and she said "Wow, I never really noticed this stuff before, but it's STRIKING how much better you look than the average dude who you can tell doesn't lift weights and is all skinny body with a soft or fat middle."

Girls thinking you're way above average-looking is badass.

I mean, health, too, but...

Sent via A-10 Warthog

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i thought stupid people having stupid kids made you stupid
    Yeah, but if you were born stupid PLUS ate 100% carbs you could become doubly stupid!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Quite honestly (and I'm going to come off like a total asshole here) I think white carbs make you stupid.
    Could be. Could be. I'm with bloodorchid - too many stupid people having kids while the smart ones wait or don't have them at all. I'm reading a journal of a member here who is adopting kids - physicals, parenting classes, hoops to jump through meanwhile any moron with a room temperature IQ and a 6 pack of Bud Light can knock up his high school drop out girl friend because they haven't figured out how condoms work.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    This is why I always look to asians to lead the way...
    6 Japanese Subcultures That Are Insane (Even for Japan) | Cracked.com

Not to mention their amazing penchant for scat.
    Woo... yeah.
    I'm looking to that for leadership!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Could be. Could be. I'm with bloodorchid - too many stupid people having kids while the smart ones wait or don't have them at all. I'm reading a journal of a member here who is adopting kids - physicals, parenting classes, hoops to jump through meanwhile any moron with a room temperature IQ and a 6 pack of Bud Light can knock up his high school drop out girl friend because they haven't figured out how condoms work.
    In other news... my son did this.
    Although his GF did graduate.
    Yay. Congratulations me.
    No.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The average American women her height weighs a hog fat 160-165lbs.
    Thanks, love being compared to a hog. XO. Classy, and I know you wouldn't call me hog fat to my face, but you are in a conversation with people that actually weigh more than that. Sorry that your wife has to put up with some jealous bitches... but really? Hog fat?

Anyway, we were out and about recently, and she said "Wow, I never really noticed this stuff before, but it's STRIKING how much better you look than the average dude who you can tell doesn't lift weights and is all skinny body with a soft or fat middle."

Girls thinking you're way above average-looking is badass. .
    Trust me, she noticed your fit body and assessed it as hot long before she mentioned it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Yep... that too...
    Please all you skinny fat asians, yes, most are 'skinny fat', sorry... tell me how to live a better life. PLEASE!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I refuse to change the way I think because of an exception.
    Right!!

The exception to a rule should not dictate how the majority live.
    Excellent point!

I don't need to look at every single beached whale and wonder if it because it is hormonal or cheeseburgers that did them in. Odds are, its cheeseburgers.
    Right! Hell, every time I go to visit my sisters in the US I can see how FAT Americans have become. Too much reality TV and not enough exercise, perhaps?

Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast