Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 57

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Quite honestly (and I'm going to come off like a total asshole here) I think fat people are amusing and stupid. And I'm not talking about someone who is 10-40lbs heavy. I'm talking about the 50+ lbs overweight people. If you truly don't care about yourself enough to not get that fat and unhealthy, then why should I care about you? Same for people who smoke cigarettes or engage in other similar activities. People know the risks, but engage in the activity anyway. I feel that way across the board. Skydiving is awesome, but I don't feel bad for the guy who gets hurt or dies doing it. He knew the risks.
    So basically you're agreeing with Magnolia that you see it as a moral defect on the part of the obese.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    So, according to some people here, statistically speaking obesity, which is the leading cause of many chronic diseases weighs (no pun intended) on the ever increasing cost of healthcare equally as much as sports and recreation related injuries. Nice logic.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quite honestly (and I'm going to come off like a total asshole here) I think fat people are amusing and stupid. And I'm not talking about someone who is 10-40lbs heavy. I'm talking about the 50+ lbs overweight people. If you truly don't care about yourself enough to not get that fat and unhealthy, then why should I care about you? Same for people who smoke cigarettes or engage in other similar activities. People know the risks, but engage in the activity anyway. I feel that way across the board. Skydiving is awesome, but I don't feel bad for the guy who gets hurt or dies doing it. He knew the risks.
    You have no idea, when looking at someone with +50 lbs, why/how they are that way. You just assume it's because they don't care about themselves and are stupid.

Not all obese people are clueless, careless, gluttons. I gained all my weight after I was diagnosed with thyroid disease and kept under medicated for over 8 years. Everyone was shocked at both my diagnosis and my weight gain since I ate cleaner and moved more than almost all of them.

Even today, if my meds need tweaking I can gain 10-20 pounds very quickly without a change in eating or exercise patterns. So, I suggest to better yourself and your awareness, next time you look at someone with a weight issue, instead of instantly going to "amusing and stupid" flex your compassionate, understanding muscle.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    You have no idea, when looking at someone with +50 lbs, why/how they are that way. You just assume it's because they don't care about themselves and are stupid.

Not all obese people are clueless, careless, gluttons. I gained all my weight after I was diagnosed with thyroid disease and kept under medicated for over 8 years. Everyone was shocked at both my diagnosis and my weight gain since I ate cleaner and moved more than almost all of them.

Even today, if my meds need tweaking I can gain 10-20 pounds very quickly without a change in eating or exercise patterns. So, I suggest to better yourself and your awareness, next time you look at someone with a weight issue, instead of instantly going to "amusing and stupid" flex your compassionate, understanding muscle.
    You are obviously the exception to the rule. And I refuse to change the way I think because of an exception. In general, America is going the wrong way with shit like this. The exception to a rule should not dictate how the majority live. If your kid is allergic to peanut butter, then the whole school shouldn't have to ban peanut butter. If you were overweight because of a hormonal issue, thats a bummer. It is your responsibility to do the legwork and try to fix it. I don't need to look at every single beached whale and wonder if it because it is hormonal or cheeseburgers that did them in. Odds are, its cheeseburgers. Its not like I make fun of obese people out loud. I don't push them down in the sand. But I sure as hell am entitled to think whatever I want to think. And for the record, you have no idea how compassionate and understanding I am. You don't know what I do for work, or how I live my life
    Last edited by not on the rug; 06-15-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quite honestly (and I'm going to come off like a total asshole here) I think fat people are amusing and stupid.
    MDA is my favorite discussion forum of all time.

I used to think this way. But the United States food supply, by calorie, is 60% sugar/vegetable oil/grains (USDA Center for Nutrition Policy report). A human child growing up in that extreme environment *is* going to be fat, before they reach the age of consent and can make informed choices. They start off in the hole.

However agreed, there are a lot of people who are stupid, and thus amusing.

canio6 Guest
    Quite honestly (and I'm going to come off like a total asshole here) I think fat people are amusing and stupid.
    Just when I was starting to like you.

Well, to be fair I was/am amusing. I do not feel any smarter now that I lost weight though. Perhaps I am still waiting for the magic point where the fat loss equals intelligence gain.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I do not feel any smarter now that I lost weight though. Perhaps I am still waiting for the magic point where the fat loss equals intelligence gain.
    Quite honestly (and I'm going to come off like a total asshole here) I think white carbs make you stupid.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i thought stupid people having stupid kids made you stupid
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Goldust is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Brutally so, all over Asia....People will tell you to your face "you are fat", including complete strangers on the street or subway. It happens.
    This reminds me of a story that my wife told me about when she was in Hong kong several years ago on business. She said that she was in a cab with several people from the office and they drove past a guy who was fat but hardly huge by American standards. She said that the women from the office where pointing and laughing saying things like "Look how fat he is! What women would want someone so fat!!" etc.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yet another "exception to the rule" here... I was actually still quite hot in my swimsuit when I was diagnosed with my first chronic disease 15 years ago at 25... but medications and becoming unable to walk without assistive devices changed all that even though I ate only the cleanest version of 'healthy whole grains', fruits & vegetables, lean meats, etc.
    I'm still heavy. I'm still on drugs because I have to be... even though I'm on a lot less of them thanks to Primal/Paleo helping to ease the symptoms of my now 2 autoimmune diseases(thanks 'healthy whole grains' ). I may stay somewhat heavy because 13+ years of autoimmune issues running riot has done some crazy shit damage to my hormones... you really have no idea if you have never dealt with a body that has a completely faulty system.
    A year ago I couldn't walk even 2 blocks on my own reliably every day... yesterday I managed 10k.

You don't know what other people are dealing with when you are looking at them from afar with your feelings of superiority.

And what I keep seeing here over and over is "judgment of the obese" yet the women that are getting talked about as not looking good in swim suits may be FAR from obese.

The truth is that the little hotties that look the best in their swimsuits are often at the lower end of the healthy weight range.
    It's just the truth.

If a woman get some age on her and her parts are sagging a bit, then is in the upper end of the healthy range she very likely will have some cellulite. She will be judged.
    Add a few more pounds and put her in the "moderately overweight" category, which is actually know to be the lowest incidence for all cause mortality and not really any higher for any medical issues, and she will definitely have a gut, fat thighs, cellulite... look exactly like the fat lady in the bikini Choco posted, and the lot of you will be yelling OMG she's OBESE!!!
    We're worried she's going to have a stroke at any second and run up our medical costs.
    It's bullshit. Pure hyperbole.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast