Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 54

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

What we should really take away from all of this discussion is that if anyone has an issue with how heavy a person is or how they are dressed it's THEIR issue, not the heavy persons.
    The same goes for all the other issues people want to bitch about. If you don't like the way a person looks or acts, it's your problem not theirs. Really.
    At least that's my 2c. And if someone shares their feelings with me on how they feel about my actions or appearance in a negative way, that's exactly what I tell them.
    Not my problem.
    You're right. The thing is, nobody knows how to think that way
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Because we care about their health, c'mon. As taxpayers we have a right to be pissed about size 10's and 12's wearing bikinis because they cost us extra money. And you KNOW letting cellulite reside on your ass and thighs is just as bad as SMOKING!
    Insurance /taxpayers/healthy people shouldn't have to foot the bill for alll of the fast food guzzling, fat pieces of shit out there. You want to be a slob, that's fine. But why do my insurance premiums have to go up because you can't stop inhaling Arby's?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Insurance /taxpayers/healthy people shouldn't have to foot the bill for alll of the fast food guzzling, fat pieces of shit out there. You want to be a slob, that's fine. But why do my insurance premiums have to go up because you can't stop inhaling Arby's?
    I think her point is that the size 12 with the cellulite isn't a roast beef snorter. Or she's wondering why Arby's roast beef looks like ham. I'm not sure what her point is, but that shit just doesn't look right on the commercial.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    News-flash: Women can look jiggly and full of cellulite without indulging in any Arby's or equivalent. I have achieved that myself. See my before picture? Ta-da! It CAN be done.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    News-flash: Women can look jiggly and full of cellulite without indulging in any Arby's or equivalent. I have achieved that myself. See my before picture? Ta-da! It CAN be done.
    You are too hard on yourself. Much like every other woman on earth

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yeah, it's that but it's also something else. Probably one of the seminal concepts is the concept of "the gaze".
    Gaze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a similar concept in Freud's "Jokes and Their Relation to the Unconscious".

There's a revealing chapter in Sandra Cisneros' "House on Mango Street" when a young girl puts on high heeled shoes for the first time and suddenly moves from the innocence of childhood into a dangerous world of sexuality and predation.

Stuff like that. Not that it's the all-encompassing truth of womanhood, but an explanation for why things are different for us and why it is so hard to articulate what we are wanting without it getting twisted and missed completely.
    Thanks for the information.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    But why do my insurance premiums have to go up because you can't stop inhaling Arby's?
    You have Obamacare to thank for that if you are a selfpayer. You used to get a nice discount for being healthy. And.... I was bigger than that woman at one point, still not eating Arbys. There is a nice thin woman in the hood here. She uses meth. Looks great in a bikini by any standard I suppose, but she'll bump up the cost of healthcare.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think her point is that the size 12 with the cellulite isn't a roast beef snorter. Or she's wondering why Arby's roast beef looks like ham. I'm not sure what her point is, but that shit just doesn't look right on the commercial.
    I remember when Arby's was cool and Hardy's was the second rate roast beef joint. 5 for 5 baby. Ahh, those were the days. Now none of that shits edible but Arby's is a dump and Hardy's is selling freaking burritos and shit. I'm so confused.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    You have Obamacare to thank for that if you are a selfpayer. You used to get a nice discount for being healthy. And.... I was bigger than that woman at one point, still not eating Arbys. There is a nice thin woman in the hood here. She uses meth. Looks great in a bikini by any standard I suppose, but she'll bump up the cost of healthcare.
    But I bet her waking temp is really high with a super high resting heart rate indicating a healthy metabolism so she'll be ok.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Consider this perfectly plausible scenario:
    X is super fit. Loves to push herself. Triathlete. blah blah. X falls 10 ft during one of her rock climbing adventures and broke her back.
    A fat slob who never even jogged in her life could think, "why do I have to foot the bill for these nut-cases?".
    Few but ripe.

Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast