Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 52

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    sooo... what you're saying is... tylenol is the way to go?
    Unless you prefer strangulation?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

Wow BO...
    He should have seen that coming.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Depends! But shopping for the sake of shopping is a typical female pastime, to formulate it diplomatic…
    Yes. Clearly "retail therapy" was though up by someone without too many thoughts in their head
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Yes. Clearly "retail therapy" was though up by someone without too many thoughts in their head
    And no man has ever participated in that... EVER...
    As evidenced by outdoor superstores such as Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops.
    Nooo... men never retail therapy there.
    Or in aftermarket car and motorcycle parts stores...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I'm beginning to regret asking the question.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm beginning to regret asking the question.
    Why... That Admiral Ackbar is dead sexy!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Why... That Admiral Ackbar is dead sexy!
    Admiral Ackbar? All I saw was boobs.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    if you call a fat guy in a speedo fat, he'll laugh at you and enjoy his day a the beach. if you call a fat woman in a bikini fat, she'll cry her eyes out, starve herself on a fad diet, relapse and eat nothing but ice cream for a week, write a facebook post about how men are assholes, and then have a "woe is me" suicide attempt by taking a handful of Tylenol.
    We need more posts that make me laugh until my tummy hurts. Thanks buddy.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    I think he's merely pointing out that if you FAT it's not something to be proud off, and as we discussed earlier, apparently FAT is 'biologically undesirable' or some $hit.
    It isn't so much that someone is overweight and wears revealing clothing that's the problem, but the attitude that "its who you are" and "it's what a real women should look like" when it's NOT. It's unhealthy and unattractive most of the time. But because they've given up on losing weight they fall back to pretending their proud of themselves...and that's the problem.

I think that's what he's getting at. NOT, YOU SHOULD LOOK LIKE A COVER MODEL. It's You should look healthy.
    I was and will always be proud of myself. I was proud when I was obese and I am proud now. My body shape, my weight, or how I look--period-- does NOT define me at all.

I gave myself permission to stay obese if I got and stayed healthy. I am and have been healthy for over 3 years. However, I am sure there are many people that would think that I don't look healthy or fit.

The "general" perception of healthy/attractive seems to be based on unrealistic and often unimportant markers coupled with photo-shopped images and/or plastic surgery fixes. Finally, one can "look" healthy by society's standards yet be very unhealthy and be making very dangerous choices to have "the look".

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And no man has ever participated in that... EVER...
    As evidenced by outdoor superstores such as Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops.
    Nooo... men never retail therapy there.
    Or in aftermarket car and motorcycle parts stores...
    Touche!

Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast