Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 50

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You're talking about me, right?
    keep telling yourself that
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    LOL, North Carolina.

And a lot of it is indirect comments. When you see an image of a woman with a body similar to your own called out as being unhealthy/unattractive OR worse yet, women with smaller and better bodies called out as being fat, it's not all that much different than being called it directly.

Imagine being a 15 year old size 10 girl and reading all about how size 6 Christina Aguilera is a heifer. Or being a say, 250 lb woman reading about a 133 lb woman calling herself fat and sloppy.

Now, men don't do this shit.... except dear Choco did.

Now we can say "hey, grow a backbone" and that works for someone who is 39 with a list of shit to be damn proud of. But you know what, somewhere a 14 year old or a 16 year old is seeing this "body judging" shit playing out and not enjoying her life as much as she should. That just makes me mad.
    if you know its bs, then ignore it.

as for high school kids. they're going to make fun of each other no matter what. that's what kids do. the fat kids get called fat. the ugly kids get called ugly. the slow kids get called slow. the poor kids get called poor. its called life.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I guess most of you guys have never read any women's literature. I have a BA in women's studies. It's actually a common theme about how a woman's body becomes a public object subject to all kinds of things. yadda yadda, so on and so forth....
    this is what happens when we allow women to think for themselves. get back in the kitchen sbhikes and fix me a steak!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    How does that go from "some people are a$$holes" to "a woman's body is a public object"? Also, wtf is a public object?
    a public object =, to me, something everyone gets to mess with

why it can suck to be a woman, in my experience, is this;
    at any given moment, your body will be touched without your consent. if you ignore it 'hey she likes it', if you don't make a big deal in order to move on quickly, 'hey she likes it'. if you get pissed off 'hey calm down you psycho bitch it's a compliment!'

you can and will be ignored by salesmen in favor of your thinner cousin, when you are the one looking for something

men will have conversations with your chest

people with penises will try to intimidate you just because

your entire worth as a human being is based on your bangability level. it ranges from outright dismissal, to public mockery, to 'riding a moped is like fcking a fat chick. it's fun but you wouldn't want your friends to find out'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

at any given moment, your body will be touched without your consent. if you ignore it 'hey she likes it', if you don't make a big deal in order to move on quickly, 'hey she likes it'. if you get pissed off 'hey calm down you psycho bitch it's a compliment!'

you can and will be ignored by salesmen in favor of your thinner cousin, when you are the one looking for something

your entire worth as a human being is based on your bangability level. it ranges from outright dismissal, to public mockery, to 'riding a moped is like fcking a fat chick. it's fun but you wouldn't want your friends to find out'
    I find it amusing that women think this only happens to them. Several times in this thread people have made mention of fat guys in speedos, in a manner which means it is not acceptable. Also, how many times have you had your stomach rubbed for 'good luck' or your shaved head groped because 'I just want to see how it feels'? I have customers at work talking to me know who refused to look at me 100 pounds ago. Judged on bangability...okay, and this is better than being judged on the size of your wallet? Ignored because you are fat...sure, all the time. Getting disapproving looks when you order food? Sure. Being asked, "Do you really need that?" When eating something...yup.

People are assholes. It is up to you how you deal with it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

and women don't do the same exact thing to men, in every way, shape and form?

lets see...women can and do assault men. women favor more attractive men in public exchanges. they objectify attractive and fit men. women, in particular, groups of women with intimidate men simply for the fun of it. and when women aren't objectifying men based on their physical attractiveness, they're after a man's status: money, property, social standing, etc. its completely a 2-way street, yet a lot of women fail to see the other side of it

ah, i didn't say that only happened to women. just that those were some reasons it can suck to be a woman
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

quikky is online now Senior Member
    Is it just me or are women not only more critical of themselves, but of other women? Some comic, forget who, said something like this:

"When you're a guy, and your buddy has a great girlfriend, you go: 'Man, I wish I had a girl like that'. When you're a woman, and your friend has a great boyfriend, you go: 'Man, I wish I had him!'."

Seems like women often compete against each other, and not in a good way.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    ah, i didn't say that only happened to women. just that those were some reasons it can suck to be a woman
    I was referring more to the women as a public object thing as if men are never objectified or treated poorly. And again, I do not mean this as a 'poor men' comment, more to see what is different about being a woman.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Is it just me or are women not only more critical of themselves, but of other women? Some comic, forget who, said something like this:

"When you're a guy, and your buddy has a great girlfriend, you go: 'Man, I wish I had a girl like that'. When you're a woman, and your friend has a great boyfriend, you go: 'Man, I wish I had him!'."

Seems like women often compete against each other, and not in a good way.
    i blame the media!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast