Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 47

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Katherine, you can lose weight on a CW diet and keep it off, no problem. The problem is not CW diets not working, it's that people, like ChocoTaco pointed out, "diet" and don't make lifestyle changes. There are plenty of fit people out there, the majority of which are following a CW diet. Most people fail because they starve themselves and do boring cardio to lose weight, then they lose the weight, start doing less cardio, start eating a bit more again, and regain the weight back. They do not make a permanent lifestyle change.
    Please cite references for the success rates for CW weight loss dieting. "Fit and have always been thin" doesn't count, BTW.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Please cite references for the success rates for CW weight loss dieting. "Fit and have always been thin" doesn't count, BTW.
    Who's arguing success rates? Failure to lose weight is due to the individual, not just what food they're eating. Primal is easier for weight loss, but a CW diet also works. The issue here is discipline, which the vast majority lack.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Who's arguing success rates? Failure to lose weight is due to the individual, not just what food they're eating. Primal is easier for weight loss, but a CW diet also works. The issue here is discipline, which the vast majority lack.
    You were arguing success rates. You said "millions of people" lose weight through CW dieting. But those people don't exist.

The problem for you isn't that CW diets don't work and so few people lose weight through them that they can only be reasonably described as a failed strategy. It's those lazy gluttons who are insufficiently disciplined to starve themselves forever.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Nah, the issue is neurological and physiological endocrine and hormonal health. Which CW does not address and does not set you up to "win" the way a primal diet will.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    The fact is that CW diets are not an effective means of weight loss or maintenance. Only 2% of people who diet lose the weight and keep it off.
    I'm in the 2%! Murica! And most bodybuilders reach their goals just fine on a CW diet. Primal is A LOT tastier, though.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

You were arguing success rates. You said "millions of people" lose weight through CW dieting. But those people don't exist.
    No I didn't. Here:

Katherine, you can lose weight on a CW diet and keep it off, no problem. The problem is not CW diets not working, it's that people, like ChocoTaco pointed out, "diet" and don't make lifestyle changes. There are plenty of fit people out there, the majority of which are following a CW diet. Most people fail because they starve themselves and do boring cardio to lose weight, then they lose the weight, start doing less cardio, start eating a bit more again, and regain the weight back. They do not make a permanent lifestyle change.
    I never talked about numbers.

Even if I did, "millions of people" is a common expression for "a lot", not a statistical reference. Also, considering there are what, about 7,000,000,000 people in the world? Say 10% follow the CW diet, i.e. about 700,000,000, out of those, millions is as low as 2,000,000, i.e. 0.28%, or about 1 out of 357 people. Do you honestly believe less than 1 out of 357 people following conventional wisdom, have tried to lose weight and failed? That's a pretty damn low percentage, not that I really care to argue about statistics.

The problem for you isn't that CW diets don't work and so few people lose weight through them that they can only be reasonably described as a failed strategy. It's those lazy gluttons who are insufficiently disciplined to starve themselves forever.
    I would say most people who try to lose weight on any diet (I really don't like that word, by the way) fail. The reason, as I mentioned, is discipline, and a "diet" approach, not a lifestyle one, not the fact that the specific diets are ineffective. I personally know several people who have failed on paleo. Two managed to do it for 30+ days. One decided that it is too restrictive and that she missed bread too much, and the other gradually started eating non-paleo and returned to the previous state. Therefore, paleo is ineffective and unsustainable, right?

I don't know who needs to starve themselves. I'm sure most athletes are not doing paleo, yet they gain and lose weight at will, and stay in their weight classes, if applicable. I personally had no trouble intentionally losing or gaining weight on a low-fat diet with plenty of grains prior to paleo. I've also had no problem gaining weight on paleo.

Are you arguing that a CW diet is somehow incapable of reducing body fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Nah, the issue is neurological and physiological endocrine and hormonal health. Which CW does not address and does not set you up to "win" the way a primal diet will.
    Sure. That's why I'm not arguing about health, I'm arguing weight loss.
    Last edited by quikky; 06-13-2013 at 07:27 PM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    That's not what it means at all. It's being needlessly proud about it and flaunting it. It's about the mindset that, "This is what real women look like."
    Choco....

I appreciate your being supportive in many posts but being a douche about a woman who DARED wear a bikini is a dick move. Guess what, she could go get some skirted piece of shit from Lands End and still look bad. White America has a fucked up idea that women need to look like super models to be considered remotely attractive. I exclude other ethnicities because they are OK with considering bigger women attractive. In Europe, Choco, you could wear a speedo and its fine even if you have a beer gut. And a 250lb grandma can wear a bikini.

I wear a bikini at the beach because I can't find anything that hides my arms and legs and I like underwires. If you don't like it, look at the 16 year olds across the way, OK? If you want to sit there and be critical and snide, feel free, I'll be playing in the surf with my dog.

I spent fucking years listening to my mom bitch about people who didn't belong in a swimsuit and spent WAY to many beach trips sitting there in shorts and tshirt reading when I wanted to be out playing in the water. I mean, I get to see every fat ass man gut on the beach, they can see my tummy OR better yet...go pay attention to the sexy lady in a bikini.

So Choco, in all honesty... fuck you, worry about your own god damn wardrobe.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Oh...by the way.... that mentality of criticizing bodies and "only X has earned the right to be proud of her figure" and throwing up a pic of a genetic freak....

That's a big part of the reason why women here that are 5'8 and 130 lbs stress over eating an apple. That's why your date pukes up her chicken salad. That's why the fat chick won't join CrossFit. That's why women just give up and eat oreos in sweat pants.

Because I will NEVER look like the woman in the second photo. Even if I skip all fruit, eat every other day and do CrossFit, plus heavy lifting and live on my elliptical. I might be able to get plastic surgery though. But guess what, I'll wear my damn (supportive and fuller coverage bikini) and enjoy my life in my "C" or even "D body.

One woman is no more "real" than the other. The difference is the first woman should know better than to be wearing something like that, unless she enjoys negative criticism. Both women should love their bodies and treat them with respect, but someone that truly loves their body wants the best for it.
    I could go on all day long with this shit...
    The woman in the second photo has fake tits (it looks like). Nothing says primal more than being cut open and having a couple bags of silicone stuck under your tits. I hope for her sake, they don't leak 10 years down the road because that sure as hell isn't what's best for her body.
    So why did she put the fake tits in? Because the "image" of a body that looks good in a bikini has tits larger than you can get (in general) and still be "skinny". Notice you didn't throw up a pic of flat chested gal with some muscle tone.
    So to me, someone who gets potentially dangerous plastic surgery to "fix" a "flaw" isn't really respecting their body. But even our young hot thing needs intervention to actually be our idea of attractive.

Now, let's go to the "fat chick". She has some cellulite. I'm sorry, most women have some cellulite past a certain age. Even thin ones. She could go get poked with a laser and take care of that for ya so she doesn't offend you with her cottage cheese thighs. I have cottage cheese thighs. They carried me through a marathon while I was starving myself in hopes of looking like the thin chick. Now they squat a lot of weight... more excitedly, they helped me execute 3 consecutive 215 lb deadlifts. I can't wait to see how much my 1 rep max is because God blessed me with some big fucking thighs that look like hell in a bikini. Oh wait... one more thing. At the end of yesterdays WOD I kept up with a hard body guy at the end of a run. There go those thighs again. But to make society happy, I should cover them with burka or go pay the plastic surgeon to mutilate them with a laser because the fucking fat I need to make a baby is kind of lumpy.

Now let's look at her stomach. It's kind of big. Maybe she carried a baby and didn't have an army of personal trainers to get it taut immediately. That said.... 7 out of 10 men on the beach have bigger ones. Mines smaller, but my skin is looser. Go me. The body gods blessed me with a relatively small waist. I also have a nice strong core. I can do planks, sit ups, good mornings. I work a lot on my core. But ya know what- I got some flab there. It's a little stubborn. Shall I go get some plastic surgery?

Now her arms. They are nice. I'd kill for those. I have bingo arms. I can do 150 push ups in under 10 minutes. The collagen done gave out in my arm skin. I live in the South. I'm sorry that a few months of the year you have to see my arms jiggle.

Now if you see me or this woman at the beach and you feel the need to moo at me or call out for a beached whale siting that's fine. But realize that the same shit been said to me in a full coverage swim suit. It's been said to me in appropriate fat person uniform of baggy pants and tshirt. It used to really affect me. Now I don't really give a shit if some asshole thinks I'm fat and wearing the wrong garment. I think they are an idiot that probably needs to get laid more or they wouldn't be paying attention to me.

Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast