Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 46

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    They don't really weigh that much. They might be a bit awkward, but I should be able to manage. Mrs not on the rug is pretty strong, as you already know
    Truth. She's rocking them 21's. They're not easy to get a grip on though, but I'm sure you'll MacGuyver something up if you can't get a handle on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Truth. She's rocking them 21's. They're not easy to get a grip on though, but I'm sure you'll MacGuyver something up if you can't get a handle on them.
    Haha! I command you to grow!

They each weigh about 100lbs, right?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Haha! I command you to grow!

They each weigh about 100lbs, right?
    I'd say the ones I made came out a little less, but I had 5 2x4's and didn't concrete them all the way to the top. The hardest part of moving them was getting a grip on them.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The idea that "fat acceptance" means morbidly obese people don't want to get healthy is utter bullshit. It means fat people should be able to buy attractive clothing no matter what size they are and be able to walk down the street without people yelling slurs at them. It means morbidly obese people should have the same job opportunity as anorexics.
    That's not what it means at all. It's being needlessly proud about it and flaunting it. It's about the mindset that, "This is what real women look like."

No, it isn't. It's what unhealthy, poorly educated people look like.

"Wanting to change yourself" without having a means to do so is not a step toward fixing the problem. The fact is that most people are overweight and do not have an effective means to bring their weight under control. Neither medical science nor conventional wisdom has anything to offer them.
    I strongly disagree. Millions lose weight the CW way every year. Paleo/Primal is a niche and probably always will be. The majority of people are going to lose weight with a typical low fat diet and exercising more. And you know what? It works. It works as long as you make it a lifestyle change and not a crash diet. People that fail crash-diet. Most body builders and athletes are not Paleo, but they are in great shape because they exercise and exercise portion control.

A very overweight woman has the freedom to wear a bikini. A very overweight woman should also understand that she shouldn't be wearing a bikini because it doesn't suit her. If you're going to purposely dress ridiculously to make a statement, don't be surprised when others say unflattering things about you. I wouldn't wear a Speedo. Yes, I could pull it off. Yes, I have the freedom to do so. But I realize I would look ridiculous in it and be ridiculed behind my back. I understand it's inappropriate.

This link is total bullshit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2981220.html

This is what a real woman looks like:

This is also what a real woman looks like:

One woman is no more "real" than the other. The difference is the first woman should know better than to be wearing something like that, unless she enjoys negative criticism. Both women should love their bodies and treat them with respect, but someone that truly loves their body wants the best for it.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-13-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'd say the ones I made came out a little less, but I had 5 2x4's and didn't concrete them all the way to the top. The hardest part of moving them was getting a grip on them.
    Hmmmmm.....I bet I could get my hands on a hand truck. That would make life way easier

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    ITT: primal What Not to Wear

hyahh fatty fat fatties, git! *cracks whip*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I strongly disagree. Millions lose weight the CW way every year.
    I guess that would have to depend on your definition of "lose weight". If you count everyone who lost even a pound and then put back on more than they lost within a few weeks, you've got your "millions". If you only count people who lost 10 pounds or more and kept them off 6 months, the number is definitely NOT in the millions. The typical dieter gains 5 pounds with each weight loss diet they attempt.

The fact is that CW diets are not an effective means of weight loss or maintenance. Only 2% of people who diet lose the weight and keep it off.

Your definition of "fat acceptance" is a caricature based on how people who hate the obese think those who are obese think.

The idea that women who are larger than starlets should keep off the beach and never go swimming in order not to assault your eyes is exactly what "fat acceptance" is reacting to.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 06-13-2013 at 03:49 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    ITT: primal What Not to Wear

hyahh fatty fat fatties, git! *cracks whip*
    I wonder...what should a heavy woman be wearing to actually swim at the beach in? A swimsuit or a burqa?
    A one piece suit wouldn't really cover much more of her body. Just block in the area between the top of her bikini bottom and the bottom of the top. Lots of suits show all that. You'd still be able to see that she is the size and shape that she is and make all of your judgements.
    Maybe heavy people should just hide until they meet your standards?

Being against ^that^ is what fat acceptance is about.

The thin girl obviously isn't even dressed for swimming, but for modeling/standing around at a pool party.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-13-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    heavy women should not even be at the beach, swimming is only for thin ppl
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess that would have to depend on your definition of "lose weight". If you count everyone who lost even a pound and then put back on more than they lost within a few weeks, you've got your "millions". If you only count people who lost 10 pounds or more and kept them off 6 months, the number is definitely NOT in the millions. The typical dieter gains 5 pounds with each weight loss diet they attempt.

The fact is that CW diets are not an effective means of weight loss or maintenance. Only 2% of people who diet lose the weight and keep it off.

Your definition of "fat acceptance" is a caricature based on how people who hate the obese think those who are obese think.
    Katherine, you can lose weight on a CW diet and keep it off, no problem. The problem is not CW diets not working, it's that people, like ChocoTaco pointed out, "diet" and don't make lifestyle changes. There are plenty of fit people out there, the majority of which are following a CW diet. Most people fail because they starve themselves and do boring cardio to lose weight, then they lose the weight, start doing less cardio, start eating a bit more again, and regain the weight back. They do not make a permanent lifestyle change.

Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast