Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 40

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Speaking of nice snatches, I submit the following:
    Mikhail Koklyaev snatch 419 lb /
    beautiful snatch. and shirtless. just the way I like it. lol...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of nice snatches, I submit the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    beautiful snatch. and shirtless. just the way I like it. lol...
    Wow guys.
    I really like the turn this thread is taking!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Wow guys.
    cori, you're always up to no good. that must be why I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    cori, you're always up to no good. that must be why I like you.
    It's my professional opinion that this forum needs about 100% more levity resulting from 'no good', and an equal amount less fruitless bickering.

It's a burden I must bear!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

It's my professional opinion that this forum needs about 100% more levity resulting from 'no good', and an equal amount less fruitless bickering.

It's a burden I must bear!
    well if you can figure out how to have an internet forum with more levity and less fruitless bickering, i'll be the first to sign up.

as for now, keep up the good work. you truly are the MDA sisyphus

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    It's my professional opinion that this forum needs about 100% more levity resulting from 'no good'
    Now this is an opinion I can get behind.

Now this is an opinion I can get behind.
    It was a beautiful snatch wasn't it...
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Sorry I offended folks so that they needed to launch into that "you are beautiful, you just have to believe" nonsense.

Enough people told me throughout my entire life that I was ugly that I had no other choice but to believe it. Oh, sure a few times I lashed out with "If you think I'm so ugly don't look at me!" But that didn't take away the sting. And my being ugly had nothing to do with how much I weighed. I did take pride in the few things I had that were beautiful: my hair, my teeth once they were straightened (they're not straight anymore, though), my feet (I think Hobbit feet are the best feet.)

And who were these people? Parents, grandparents, siblings, neighbors, adults/children at school, pretty much everybody. If that many unrelated people can enumerate all the same exact ugly parts of you, even when you are walking around feeling pretty darn good that day and they still tell you, there must be some truth to it. I don't worry about it much anymore. It is what it is, I am what I am. I still am surprised when people tell me I'm beautiful, but then I have heard that people fall in love with others who resemble people they loved as children. Even ugly people are loved. Nowadays, I think having been ugly makes me a more interesting person.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Wow guys.
    Finally this thread got cool!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W View Post
    This is what is called a feel-good idea, so naturally some people like it.
    You completely misunderstood the context of my post. Where did I advocate for "fat acceptance?" This new trend of "fat acceptance" is irresponsible and unhealthy. If you are severely overweight, you should want to change yourself. You should not want to maintain that. It is extremely unhealthy and it not only makes you appear to others that you have little self-respect for yourself, but it sets a terrible example for any children that look up to you. However, there is a difference between wanting to improve yourself and hating yourself. You should want to lose weight, get into shape and look your best because you love yourself and it's what you believe you deserve, not because you hate yourself every time you look in the mirror. Whether you are 8% body fat or 38% body fat, you should be thankful for your body and your life. The goal should be to improve yourself for the right reasons. Self-hatred is why many people explore radical surgeries and starvation dieting to lose weight. Instead, they should be doing it out of self-respect.

The reality is that feelings are not some mysterious "intangible" thing, they are biological and exist for a reason, and what we are attracted to is universal, because we all live with the same laws of nature.
    Your completely incorrect analysis of my post is because you took an emotional stance rather than a logical stance. That alone discounts your argument.

Those laws determine what works and what doesn't.
    No. There are men out there that like 400 lb women. There are men out there that are attracted to 9 year olds. There are men out there that get turned on at the idea of rape, murder and carnage. Babies get molested daily by adults, for God's sake. These things do not further the human race, they set it back. We have not "evolved" past them and we probably never will. Not everything can be explained. Some things are just messed up. You cannot explain emotions with words. You can do your best to try, but you will never be 100% right because you can't prove something that isn't physical with something physical.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-12-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast