Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 4

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I used to lift weights all the time and I understand the dramatic changes it can make but for me bodyweight makes more sense. I also injured my back in the Army so I had to tread lightly to find what works for me so as to not to reinjure myself.

I don't necessarily mind the gym and a person can get great benefits from it but I don't like the overcrowding, the commotion and the globs of people who stare at themselves in the mirror. When I work out I want to be as focused as possible, get in and get out so I can go play with the kids, work in the garden or just relax afterwards.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianMatt View Post
    I used to lift weights all the time and I understand the dramatic changes it can make
    but here are a list of excuses...

Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianMatt View Post
    the rest of your post

Geeknik is offline Member
    Personally, I don't find macho bodybuilders attractive mentally or physically so I don't go after them. There's no need for me to chase them, try to change them and get upset when they won't. Instead I married what I'm attracted to, a man that is intelligent, lean, attractive, well-dressed and kind, but no he's not a bodybuilder and I wouldn't want him to be.

Calling men skinny bitches because they don't look like Conan the barbarian is vulgar, outdated, incredibly sexist and disgusting. I think less of any 'man' or so called 'woman' that would use such vulgar language and speak about anyone in such a derogatory manner and then expect anyone to want to think them intelligent and want to f*((k them silly. I wouldn't even want to be friends with a child, I mean 'woman' that thought and spoke like that.
    It is 2013 people. EVOLVE! Women can be strong and independent and men can be kind and lean. Sure everyone could benefit from gaining more strength through lifting weights along with doing some cardio. But trying to look like the guys in bodybuilding magazines that are pumping themselves full of steroids is just as unhealthy and unattractive as being overweight. Being fit is attractive and most bodybuilders aren't what I would consider fit.
    Last edited by Geeknik; 05-29-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Who said anything about needing to be a bodybuilder?

I lift hard, and am strong as hell, but I'm certainly no bodybuilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeknik View Post
    Personally, I don't find macho bodybuilders attractive mentally or physically so I don't go after them. There's no need for me to chase them, try to change them and get upset when they won't. Instead I married what I'm attracted to, a man that is intelligent, lean, attractive, well-dressed and kind, but no he's not a bodybuilder and I wouldn't want him to be.

Calling men skinny bitches because they don't look like Conan the barbarian is vulgar, outdated, incredibly sexist and disgusting. I think less of any 'man' or so called 'woman' that would use such vulgar language and speak about anyone in such a derogatory manner and then expect anyone to want to think them intelligent and want to f*((k them silly. I wouldn't even want to be friends with a child, I mean 'woman' that thought and spoke like that.
    It is 2013 people. EVOLVE! Sure everyone could benefit from gaining more strength through lifting weights along with doing some cardio. But trying to look like the guys in bodybuilding magazines that are pumping themselves full of steroids is just as unhealthy and unattractive as being overweight. Being fit is attractive and most bodybuilders aren't what I would consider fit.
    Let us know when you're done with the straw men (Or is that politically incorrect? Should I have said "straw people?"). Nobody's talking about disgusting veiny juicehead freaks of nature from Flex Magazine. We're talking about men being actual men; men who are capable and strong, who have some calluses on their hands. Not skinny-jeans-wearing, androgynous hipster douchebags who say the word "gender" when they mean "sex" just because society has pussified them into not knowing the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Who said anything about needing to be a bodybuilder?

I lift hard, and am strong as hell, but I'm certainly no bodybuilder.
    My comment was directed at magnolia's incredibly childish post. I don't care what her age is, she has a lot of growing up to do.
    Last edited by Geeknik; 05-29-2013 at 09:37 AM.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    But trying to look like the guys in bodybuilding magazines that are pumping themselves full of steroids is just as unhealthy and unattractive as being overweight. Being fit is attractive and most bodybuilders aren't what I would consider fit.
    I'm not attracted to the body builder look either. To me, a masculine man with bigger, stronger muscles than me is what I like. I'm a strong woman and prefer a strong man.

To each, their own though.

My comment was directed at magnolia's incredibly sexy post.
    Fixed that for ya.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    America is becoming a nation of sparkling-vampire, everyone gets a medal, skinny jeans-wearing, emo music-listening, whale-saving, Prius-driving, Axe-wearing sissies. Guys would rather talk about their feelings with the girls they're too chicken to ask out and play video games than get under weights that could crush them or learn to throw a proper punch.
    heh, you should meet my one son-in-law. Redneck hillbilly SOB who doesn't hold back no matter whose feelings he hurts and gets himself kicked off the coaching staff of his oldest son's baseball team because he spoke his mind cuz the kids were playing like crap the other night. Doesn't lift weights, but he's a roofer - his job is physical enough AND he likes to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Let us know when you're done with the straw men (Or is that politically incorrect? Should I have said "straw people?"). Nobody's talking about disgusting veiny juicehead freaks of nature from Flex Magazine. We're talking about men being actual men; men who are capable and strong, who have some calluses on their hands. Not skinny-jeans-wearing, androgynous hipster douchebags who say the word "gender" when they mean "sex" just because society has pussified them into not knowing the difference.
    You said that in a way that makes me think you have some very deep routed insecurities. Unfortunately, therapy is the only cure for that.

Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast