Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 3

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    My husband won't lift weights. As he is losing weight, he is just looking soft. Not appealing but I think he is nervous to be a beginner at the gym.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I don't know, but thank god for the ones that do because those skinny little bitch men make my stomach churn. I can't think of anything worse than having sex with someone that you know can't lift as much weight as you can.

So please, as a message to all men, go, lift heavy weights and get nice muscles and know that skinny jeans on little tiny legs are a turn off. A nice ass, chest, shoulders, biceps and thighs... are such a turn on. It makes up for balding, excess body hair and even BO and bad taste in clothes.

And well.... I know a guy in his 50's that lifts. Guess who gets laid... a lot. Yeah, I go DAYUM when I see him all muscley with no hair and crows feet.

To women who like skinny men in skinny jeans.... really? Men are supposed to be MANLY. Stop ruining it for us. Or better yet, go get &%^&% by the muscular guy leaving the gym that can pick you up, throw you on a bed and *&^*& you silly. So much more fun than outweighing your partner and hoping you don't crush him when you climb on top.

Rant over. Thanks!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

America is becoming a nation of sparkling-vampire, everyone gets a medal, skinny jeans-wearing, emo music-listening, whale-saving, Prius-driving, Axe-wearing sissies. Guys would rather talk about their feelings with the girls they're too chicken to ask out and play video games than get under weights that could crush them or learn to throw a proper punch.
    I think I have an even bigger crush on you now.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    There is a guy in our gym from the neighborhood retirement house, who comes in, puts his walker in the corner, and does what he can with the machines. Doubt it's to get laid, but he is the coolest senior!

(Sigh) I wish I could convince my husband to lift. Always envious of the couples who lift together....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    There is a guy in our gym from the neighborhood retirement house, who comes in, puts his walker in the corner, and does what he can with the machines. Doubt it's to get laid, but he is the coolest senior!

(Sigh) I wish I could convince my husband to lift. Always envious of the couples who lift together....
    can you get him to do bodyweight stuff? I lift with my wife sometimes, although she doesn't love lifting. she'll do bodyweight stuff and gymnastic stuff all day long though. I even get her to wrap her hands and hit mitts sometimes too. maybe find something he would enjoy and then do it with him.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I tried to talk him into Pavlov's Ladders, did not work, even if he still has decent push-ups in him.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think I have an even bigger crush on you now.
    Since you keep asking, Mag:

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Or better yet, go get &%^&% by the muscular guy leaving the gym that can pick you up, throw you on a bed and *&^*& you silly. So much more fun than outweighing your partner and hoping you don't crush him when you climb on top.
    srsly

Looking good Mr. Anthony. Did you crop out the women chasing you?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a crush on the beautiful place where you live.

My boyfriend is 62 and doesn't lift weights. I think it is because:
    - He's got a bad back and thinks it'll only make it worse (false, I know) or he'll hurt himself elsewhere
    - He believes cardio is better for your heart health, especially if you are a man
    - He prefers to exercise outdoors
    - Doesn't understand the difference between strength training and something like P90X
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast