Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 24

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Hey does anyone have a chart of testosterone in the states, 50s to present?

It probably moves inversely with women's rights.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Actually, strength training is good for the brain.

How Exercise May Help Memory - NYTimes.com

Bill Gates was successful in spite of his lack of training. Not because of it.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Hey does anyone have a chart of testosterone in the states, 50s to present?

It probably moves inversely with women's rights.
    it probably correlates to dietary trends
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sure... because women becoming more responsible for themselves rather than staying in a dependent/needy state also correlates directly with them becoming testosterone sucking succubi. *sluuuuuuuurrrrrpp*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    some women bathe in placenta to retain youth, i bathe in the tears of weakened men
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

EMonger is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    What's the deal with men that are 6 foot tall walking 3-3.5 mph on the treadmill. I would have just stayed in bed an extra 30 minutes!
    Well, Mark Sisson says moving slow is important.

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    The Art of Manliness | Men’s Interests and Lifestyle is a good website for this stuff.

Anyhows, I'm just going to go right ahead and sum up the thread for everyone.

- Barbells give you functional strength, to help loved ones during a crisis and assist in turning you into a man.

- Bodyweight stuff is for pus%ies

- Men are pus%ies

- Guys who go to the gym to train their biceps are also pus%ies

- If your not squatting your a pus%y

- Some people on this thread think other people on this thread are jerks, and pus%ies

Any hows, I'm loving barbell training, it definitely gives you confidence and man points.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    - Barbells give you functional strength, to help loved ones during a crisis and assist in turning you into a man.

- Men are pus%ies

- Some people on this thread think other people on this thread are jerks, and pus%ies
    You forgot one thing.... muscles, whether made by genetic luck, hard work with barbells, body weight exercises.... or whatever, are generally attractive to most women. I do believe that more than a few men here in their 50's have posted the results of attention to strength and diet. When I see them, I'm like, dang their wives and girlfriends must really enjoy having them around when the mood strikes. And hopefully their wives and girlfriends also throw some weight around.

In the end, I have plenty of nice friends that don't work out, and don't eat right. Many in their late 20's. You can already see signs of aging and illness, even in the thin ones. For the mid 30's assortment that don't work out, the bodies are rapidly losing shape and they are seeking medical care for things like diabetes. The one's in their 40's.... By contrast I hit the gym and see healthy, strong men and women doing reps. They all look GREAT and more than one has floored me with their age. One woman in her 50's damn near made me pass out when she told me her age. She looks amazing. Her energy is just huge.

I really think that strength training is a big key to staying youthful and fit. It might not be in "fashion" but really, I know I want to live the second half of my life really fully with a partner that can do the same. I don't want to be tied to insulin or an easy walk in the park or afraid moving a chair is going to have me at the doctor. I don't want a spouse who needs a week to recover from a golf outing.

I fully understand that some people have barriers to fitness, but you know what, most are self imposed.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

Nothing like a shortened life span to fuck dumb whores, as that's about the only kinds of women interested in someone more obsessed with looking at their guns than having an actual personality.

We're all gonna make it brah. Do you even lift?

Oh, and in case the message is missed, I do not give a singular fuck what specific women are attracted to, those that want to change the way I'm most comfortable being(myself) can take a short walk off a very large cliff. Or, just not be interested in me. Which is to my benefit. Plenty of large men to go out and explicit you silly, and roll over you like a sweaty ape.

Men aren't supposed to be anything, and certainly not meant to please your very shallow palate.

Wow this thread is both amusing and horrifying. So many people here are the reason feminism *and* the backlash against it emerged. So many people here are the reasons behind gender stereotypes...

Saying men should/shouldn't be something...? I get angry at that just as much as I'd get angry at someone saying that a woman should provide her man with a hot meal when he gets home from work. Or that a real woman should have curves. There must be a hell of a lot confused people out there not knowing WHAT they are/should be.... Oh wait, that's actually true!

Disgusting.

Oh and Derpamix, marry me?

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    The Art of Manliness | Men’s Interests and Lifestyle is a good website for this stuff.

Anyhows, I'm just going to go right ahead and sum up the thread for everyone.

- Men are pus%ies

Any hows, I'm loving barbell training, it definitely gives you confidence and man points.
    You missed out some:
    1. weight lifting -> body building
    2. weight lifting -> get bulky
    3. big muscle -> unkind, stupid, uncultured
    4. scrawny in tight jeans, won't lift, doesn't lift -> kind, intelligent
    5. weight lifters, body builders -> small penis
    6. age of brain -> so don't lift
    7. bill gates -> you don't lift either (presumably you are in a garage and coding furiously 24/7 and one day will make it big)
    Few but ripe.

Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast