Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: So, why men won't lift weights? page 18

raikay is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Whoa now! You want to talk about wimpy driving get behind a PT Cruiser...
    Hey now... My PT isn't half as wimpy since I added the sub woofer!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    If you want to move beyond average you will need to lift some heavy iron with intensity. You will have to change your mind set and stop thinking like an average man and start thinking like an above-average man (or woman although this thread is directed at why men won't lift weights). Start right now and never again allow yourself to become flabby and plump or skinny and weak. Flabby and plump is for the average Joe. By choosing to eat and train in the Paleo way you have dedicated yourself to mental and physical betterment, get busy, get disciplined and get results.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I just couldn't get over the camel toe and had to cut it off at 0:34

I wasn't gonna watch.... then I saw "camel toe" and had to click it!

Since this is a manly man thread I'm gonna purpose that passing on camel toe yields a man card probation. Not revoked yet, but we're watching you!
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 05-30-2013 at 05:23 PM.

plato yogi wogi is offline Junior Member
    i think a lot of men don't understand how important physical strength is, and they've been brought up with the idea that it's okay to live as a weakling,

if i'm obama, i'm putting a squat rack in every home in america

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Are men afraid to get bulky, lol?
    It sounds funny, but actually in NE Asia that's exactly it!

It's not cool to have big muscles, so at gyms in Seoul for example you see all these guys on the treadmill and curling 1kg dumbbells.

Thought I'd share that bit of international info.

But in the US all the dudes go right to the treadmill too, I guess trying to "burn fat" or whatever.

Weights rule.

Slacker62 is offline Junior Member
    I wish this hadn't been the first thread I came across after signing up here yesterday. I was born with a congenital heart defect which prohibits me from lifting anything over fifty pounds, including my own bodyweight. I really want to embrace the paleo/primal lifestyle but after reading some of the posts in this thread it sounds like I'll never be considered anything but a big fat wimp with lots of excuses.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I wasn't gonna watch.... then I saw "camel toe" and had to click it!

Since this is a manly man thread I'm gonna purpose that passing on camel toe yields a man card probation. Not revoked yet, but we're watching you!
    I fell prey to the lure of those words as well...

All I can say is I bet she is real popular with the old fellas in the community!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    America is becoming a nation of sparkling-vampire, everyone gets a medal, skinny jeans-wearing, emo music-listening, whale-saving, Prius-driving, Axe-wearing sissies. Guys would rather talk about their feelings with the girls they're too chicken to ask out and play video games than get under weights that could crush them or learn to throw a proper punch.
    All time awesome post.

There's this weird obsession in the USA with role reversal; women acting manly and men acting womanly. Hollywood really pushes it. It's odd.

Yeah let's go talk about our feelings while wearing some skinny jeans and sipping a low fat latte, no thanks.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker62 View Post
    I wish this hadn't been the first thread I came across after signing up here yesterday. I was born with a congenital heart defect which prohibits me from lifting anything over fifty pounds, including my own bodyweight. I really want to embrace the paleo/primal lifestyle but after reading some of the posts in this thread it sounds like I'll never be considered anything but a big fat wimp with lots of excuses.
    Don't worry about it. Most of the people on here are here to support support each other and people like you. It's just, some of them, some of the time decide to be jerks. They usually don't do that on threads where people are asking for help, but rather ones where they start debating. Just stay away from those threads if they aren't supporting you! They are fun for a laugh, sometimes, or as a way to view into other people's paradigms. That's why I'm here, anyway: to observe the ways people think .

Rojo is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    All time awesome post.

There's this weird obsession in the USA with role reversal; women acting manly and men acting womanly. Hollywood really pushes it. It's odd.

Yeah let's go talk about our feelings while wearing some skinny jeans and sipping a low fat latte, no thanks.
    Like all those nancys in uniform in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Give me a break, since the dawn of time people have been calling the newest generation of men "sissies". Give it a rest. Or enlist.

Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast