Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Apocalypse - Gotta be able to outrun the zombies! page

ldygeko is offline Member

Wink Primal Apocalypse - Gotta be able to outrun the zombies!

Primal Fuel
    And I don't mean those slow zombies like in the original Night of the Living Dead. I'm talking those ones that are crazy fast - like in 28 Days or Resident Evil. Because let's face it - I'd be a tasty zombie feast right now. I could probably feed a family of 4 zombies for a month!

There's no shame here! Ok, yeah, there is (no matter how hard I try, I still hear that little shaming voice ) - but I'm done lamenting my failures and castigating myself for my current physical being. Today is the first day of the rest of my life, right? So I'm gonna make it a good one.

Official start is supposed to be on Friday. Why? Cuz we are getting our 90-day journals in the mail on Thursday. And yes, we are really planning to start on Friday! Hubby said "Ok, we get the journals on Thursday. Wanna start on Monday?" My response is "Why, so we can pig out more between now and then and have one last hurrah?" I now realize that attitude toward food is what got us to where we are today - obese (morbidly so), tired, weak, and feeling like crap all the time. So, we're starting on Friday.

But I don't want to wait. So I'm easing in bit by bit over the next couple of days. Already stocked up on some staples for the kitchen, just need to eliminate some of those things we can't say no to. I wish I could say we'd just throw them out, but we just can't afford to. Money is tight, so we need to gradually reduce those things through occasional consumption until they are gone and replaced with Primal alternatives.

My goal is to document this journey here through regular posts. Daily posts aren't reasonable given my current busy schedule, but I will do my best. Kind of excited to get the Journals in the mail. I enjoy journaling, because it helps me see my progress, which helps hold me steady on those bad days....
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Nice first entry with a Heinlein quote tossed in for show. Good luck to you and your husband. May you ever prevail over the undead hordes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

leighlu is offline Member
    I think you have the right attitude entirely and I wish you good luck.

Thanks, Canio and Leighlu, for stopping by and for the encouragement!

Today is transition day #2. B'fast was coffee and bacon. Hubby loved the steak, mushrooms, and acorn squash for dinner last night. Had salad for lunch yesterday, will likely do the same today. Not sure what is on the menu tonight. Have to finish off some food from our camping weekend, probably grilled brats, no buns. And steamed veggies. Yum!

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member
    We're doing chicken/pork meatballs with cauliflower rice and curried veggies tonight. Last night was salmon and green beans with a salad. I will likely do hard boiled eggs and a piece of fruit in late morning. Lots of coffee!! Good luck! My fiancÚ and I are officially starting today...but we've been transitioning for months lol. Our motivation is the zombie apocalypse as well. Lol plus...I wanna look hot in shorts for once.

Grok On! <3

Amyamaretto - hot in shorts! me too! I think the last time I looked hot in shorts it was a different century, LOL. I need to boil up some eggs, they are a great go-to short-on-time food to have on hand. It's nice to talk to someone else who is starting today! Hope to "see" you again in future. Have you started your own journal thread yet?

Today's motivational quote - one that actually means something to ME:

“We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

Another one that I can't remember who said it "A journey of a thousand miles starts with one single step."

Well, today is the day I take that full single step. Hubby and I got our 90-day journals yesterday. I must say that they are way more complicated than I expected. In fact, so much so that Hubby (for now) just wants to follow my eating habits and see where that gets him. I'm fine with that. Me, I'm a little OCD, so I like the idea of such detail, but I have to REALLY be careful to not let myself obsess about those details.

I keep reminding myself that the purpose of this, this journey I have begun, is to learn a sustainable healthy way of living, not some complicated short-term diet/exercise regimen that I must follow exactly perfect in order to succeed. I think I shared in my original post that my goal is to stop castigating myself over my perceived failures. This is where today's motivational quote comes in. I have come a LONG way in the last couple of years. I am much more active in all aspects of my life, and that in itself is a triumph. So today I celebrate how far I have already come, and having the strength to take that next big step. Here goes nothing! :-)

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member
    Idygeko I think I was about 12 the last time I looked acceptable in shorts. But even then, I was pudgy. And always pale! Lol.
    I started my own thread yesterday. Still trying to figure out this app, but I will get it eventually. Good luck on your 90 day journey! I just downloaded a carb tracker app to help me get started. I'm aiming for 50 a day, for now, because I have a significant amount of weight to lose. 6'1", 290 lbs. Here we go!

Grok On! <3

Happy Monday, Grokkers!

I actually saw some movement (in the right direction) on the scale today. Still only eating Primal, not doing the workouts yet. Mostly because I had a back pain flare-up Saturday. It hurt to move, let alone do any BW exercises. I have a massage scheduled over my lunch hour, and then I have to do 2 massages tonight, which means I left my house at 6:30 a.m. and won't get back there til about 9 p.m.

Did great eating this weekend, pretty much 95% spot on, which is probably why the scale finally moved, lol. Well, I best get busy, got a lot to do here at work today....

PrimalCon New York
    Happy Tuesday. I am already starting to see changes in my energy level, changes for the better. Scale moved down again today, still getting rid of the "carb bloat" that I have acquired over the last couple months of eating processed crap. Probably didn't eat enough yesterday, it was a long day and I really ran out of time and honestly, my ravenous appetite is starting to wear off. Here is what I ate:

B: 2 HB eggs
    Sn: Mixed nuts, greek yogurt
    L: Kitchen sink salad with pork tenderloin cut up on top, cottage cheese
    D: 3 over easy eggs, 3 strips bacon, apple (which I shared with the rabbit and the dogs, so I only got to eat maybe half due to the three vultures hovering over me watching each bite.)

I have made a conscious decision to NOT count calories and not use a food tracker. My goal is a sustainable way of life, and I find with my slight OCD that I tend to obsess a bit.

As for exercise, well, I did two 1-hour massages last evening, deep tissue, which is quite a workout for me. With my day job and then the massages, I didn't get home til almost 9 p.m., no time to do any exercise. No massages scheduled for this evening, though, and I put a roast in the crockpot this morning, so I should have time to take the mutts for a walk and maybe stop at the playground for some pullups on the monkey bars. We'll see.

Life is good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast