Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a drink page

shonieb33 is offline Junior Member

I need a drink

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I am on day two of eating mostly Primal. I am giving up artificial sweeteners, except Stevia, diet soda (fake sugar), grains, soy, legumes, corn, all flours, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams. I am not willing to weigh or measure anything at this point as that is too much like a diet, and I'm sick of diets. I also am not going to keep counting days for too long. I will however share bad days, or if I completely flop. But keeping count hasn't worked for me in the past. Just gonna take it day by day.

For now, I am using half and half and I will continue to drink my coffee in the morning. I seriously do not believe that my coffee and half and half have put my weight on. In fact, I know they haven't. It was and is the processed crap and refined sugar and crappy fats that put on the weight and got me in a cycle of craving MORE and thus came the weight. This is partly why, for now, I hesitate eating yam/sp (which I love)--- I just want to give my body a break.

I am not sure of my weight. If I had to guess, I am probably at 150 or more. I am 5'5"/female and med. to small bones. (I will weigh myself in the next day or two, despite wanting to) plus it's "about that time", which never helps matters when it comes to the scale. When I was eating Primal/Paleo last summer, I was 125-130. I have no desire to be skinny, so glad I am over that! But, I do want to be leaner. I am 40 years old, I'm okay with some meat on my bones, just not the whole meat locker! It's not even meat really, it's more like blubber.

Today's food was "better" than yesterday's food. I had 100% juice--- V8 fusion left so I drank it yesterday. I won't be buying more. I also had left over non-fat greek yogurt that I went ahead and ate both days. It's gone now, and I won't being buying more of that for awhile either. I know dairy is okay, but I probably won't go crazy with it for now. Cause again, along with all the other crap I have been feeding myself for the last 10 months, dairy played a huge part (mostly milk and yogurt).

My actual food has been good. Eggs with peppers w/very little cheese in it and cherry tomatoes for breakfast. This a.m. I put a dab of sour cream on my eggs, because I really am not a huge fan of eggs, mine always turn out too dry. The sour cream was something that was in my frig, it's not a staple or a must for me, but while I have it I might still use a little in the a.m.. Then for lunch/dinner--- chicken, steamed veggie and salad with avocado a few pecans and a salad dressing that probably isn't Primal, but hey, it's not Ranch, so for me that's huge! I used Annie's Raspberry Vinaigrette. It has no soy and it does have sugar, but I am okay with it. For now if I am going purchase things that have sugar in it, I am going to stick with sugar being 5th in the ingredients.

I've been eating mostly two big meals. I hate to say this part, but going to anyway--- for being a woman (that was the part) I can eat a lot, I am a volume eater. With that said, I have eaten two meals so far a day. Again I'm not weighing my meat (I have in my past). So like tonight, I had a pork loin chop, which in the past I know would be more than 4oz., frozen green beans, and a salad, oh and some sugar free all natural (I read the ingredients) apple sauce. I ATE THE WHOLE THING. I like food...
    If I do get hungry later I will snack on some veggies.

Here's the deal, I have to keep this real for me. I can't be too restrictive at first if I want this to last a life time. I am willing to give things up as time goes on. Not drinking diet pop is huge! I have been drinking the stuff since I can remember. My mom drank it when I was little. So, my question is to you all (if you're still reading this) besides water, what can I drink? I'm thirsty!!! Last time I was doing this I was drinking a Kirkland brand "Rainwater" but according to what I read on MDA, he doesn't suggest it. But if I know me, I will give into the diet pop. I know I 'can' drink the Kirkland h2o if I really want too. Just wondering if anyone had better ideas how to wet my whistle. Shoot some folks on here still drink their red wine, I should be okay to drink the Rainwater.

And also, the subject of fruit. I am willing to not eat some fruit. But at this point, I am not willing to give up all fruit. I will eat berries and stick to low carb fruits for now. From what I read on here it just seems to vary from person to person, the whole weight loss thing. Some people have to give up nuts and/or fruit or eat them once a week and others can eat them and still lose weight. I feel like nuts would pack the weight on faster than berries, but that might be old school thinking--- I don't really know.

Okay, this felt good to type. This is a first for me. I hope I keep it up. I know this way of life works. I just have to keep it simple for now. Not be too rigid or too anal. It's important that I am accountable of course, but also kind to myself. It won't work any other way for me.

PEACE,
    S.

PS---- my craving right now is DIET SODA. (time for more plain water)

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I replaced soda with homebrewed kombucha.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    sparkling water + a squeeze of lime or lemon
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I replaced soda with homebrewed kombucha.

kombucha, huh? Hmmm, guess that's what makes you a senior member, lol! Yuck, really? I've bought some form of it (flavored of course) and my brother -n- law was doing the homebrew thing. That's really all I know about it.

So, how does one make Coke flavored komucha?

Seriously though, how? And why? Is it like a probiotic? What's its purpose? Is it because it taste sooo yummy?

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Thank you!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    All the hype aside, kombucha is super cheap to make, carbonates very well with ginger on the second ferment, and gives me my fizzy time. Yeah, it seems to help my skin look younger, blah blah blah. But it's NOT soda, has very little sugar, and I've noticed if I drink it with food, I digest better. I probably have low HCL production or something. But, yeah. Cheap, harmless, fizzy. Super easy to make. If you can make tea, you can make kombucha. My best advice is to add a tiny glop of molasses to each brew with the sugar. It seems to speed up the scoby growth and shorten brew time.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    sparkling water + a squeeze of lime or lemon
    Thank you, I will do that! I love lemon and lime!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    All the hype aside, kombucha is super cheap to make, carbonates very well with ginger on the second ferment, and gives me my fizzy time. Yeah, it seems to help my skin look younger, blah blah blah. But it's NOT soda, has very little sugar, and I've noticed if I drink it with food, I digest better. I probably have low HCL production or something. But, yeah. Cheap, harmless, fizzy. Super easy to make. If you can make tea, you can make kombucha. My best advice is to add a tiny glop of molasses to each brew with the sugar. It seems to speed up the scoby growth and shorten brew time.
    Thank you. I didn't know it was fizzy, so good to know. Should I Google how to make it? What are you suggestions?

Thanks again!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    I found diet soda real hard to give up too at first
    i eat berries and apricots I have found brilliant
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast