Thread: Setting an example for friends :) page

jilly is online now Member

Setting an example for friends :)

Shop Now
    I have another thread that I started a few days ago about how its difficult for me to maintain the primal way of eating because I go out quite a bit with friends that don't really care what they eat, therefore making it hard for me sometimes. I have tried it before but found it difficult to navigate social situations because of being so different, and feeling like I'm missing out. But I got several supportive people to say that it really gets better, so what the heck. Today was another start (I did primal for a month straight back in January but stopped when weight loss plateaued and I got frustrated) and as I knew it would happen, a coworker asked me to go to lunch with her. It ended up being 3 of us going, and I suggested a burger place (so I could just eat the patty without the bun) As luck would have it, the place we went to offered a side salad instead of fries right on the menu, made it easy for me! So as the food came, and I removed my bun and said, "I'm trying a new way of eating. Trying to not eat starches." only said something because they gave me looks. Didn't wanna make a big deal of it, but of course they did, making fun of how silly it is to not eat the bun. Just eat the bun! Its good! They said. But I just laughed and said I'm sure it is! Now the whole point of this story was what one coworker said next. She said she lost weight like that before and wanted to get back into it. So she said, "I'm gonna do a Jillian" (my name) and she laughed and took off the top bun, eating it with just the bottom. I noticed she didn't eat many fries either. I felt like that was a huge win for me, not only sticking to my guns but it seemed that my coworker wanted to join in but didn't want to be different. And after I was the different one, she felt ok Hopefully from now on when we go out, she can continue to feel comfortable to be different with me! lol (also I think I've convinced my father to try paleo as well, super excited about that!)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! And now you get to be the leader of the pack, instead of just another follower
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula