Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do I get fats from? page

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member

Question Where do I get fats from?

Primal Fuel
    I'm relying on huge quantities of olive oil and conventional butter to get fats, as my parents won't let me eat more than 1 egg a day. So, what can I eat to get fats? I don't think three big servings of lean meat a day is a really good idea, even when paired with vegetables and fruit.

Paleobird Guest
    Coconut, avocados, dairy product, and MEAT, and then some more meat.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Will your parents let you buy coconut oil or coconut milk? (Aroy-D is a good brand for coconut milk.)

Why don't your parents let you eat more eggs? Is it because of conventional wisdom that eggs are bad for you? Perhaps you can introduce them to some paleo literature?

Certain cheeses are also high in fat content. Macadamia nuts are also a good choice for fat. Avocados are good too.

Castle is offline Senior Member
    If eggs are off the table and money is a consideration, you really can't beat coconut milk for value. Cheap, great out of the can, and makes awesome curries. Just don't get the "light" version.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Some full fat natural cheese and yoghurt, some nuts and other stuff and mentioned.
    Lean meat? - Parents cut away the excess fat - or buy it like that?
    More than one egg not healthy? (according to parents?)
    What would they have you eat instead?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Someone call social services! They are depriving this poor kid of eggs! Its a travesty I say.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My understanding is that Spain has some of the best olive oil on the planet, so chug that!

Sorry that your parents are so anti-primal, but I promise, almost all of us survive our parents' weirdness.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Some full fat natural cheese and yoghurt, some nuts and other stuff and mentioned.
    Lean meat? - Parents cut away the excess fat - or buy it like that?
    More than one egg not healthy? (according to parents?)
    What would they have you eat instead?
    Nope, is already lean.
    Yes, according to them and their conventional wisdom.
    Cereals, legumes and suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My understanding is that Spain has some of the best olive oil on the planet, so chug that!
    Sorry that your parents are so anti-primal, but I promise, almost all of us survive our parents' weirdness.
    Well, I eat olive oil like if it were water, like 100g a day or more.

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Will your parents let you buy coconut oil or coconut milk? (Aroy-D is a good brand for coconut milk.)

Why don't your parents let you eat more eggs? Is it because of conventional wisdom that eggs are bad for you? Perhaps you can introduce them to some paleo literature?

Certain cheeses are also high in fat content. Macadamia nuts are also a good choice for fat. Avocados are good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Someone call social services! They are depriving this poor kid of eggs! Its a travesty I say.
    My parents? Sorry, but according to them you're all inside the primal sect, all your lost weight is either coincidental or placebo effect and Mark Sisson is just another trickster who lives sucking his followers money.

Oh, and I shouldn't be speaking with you actually, I might become "too extremist" and end up trapped in a downward spiral of blind beliefs and lack of critical sense, you know, because Mark is our stereotypical trickster who just cares about money and never EVER doubts of what he tells us.
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 05-28-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: OCD

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    I'm relying on huge quantities of olive oil and conventional butter to get fats, as my parents won't let me eat more than 1 egg a day. So, what can I eat to get fats? I don't think three big servings of lean meat a day is a really good idea, even when paired with vegetables and fruit.
    Fruit, veg, and lean meat is perfectly fine. Don't get all caught up on fats.. just eat natural clean food at you are set. If your meat is just too lean then cooking it w olive oil or coconut oil should be fine. You don't need to go insane on the fat train like a lot of people here do.

Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    Fruit, veg, and lean meat is perfectly fine. Don't get all caught up on fats.. just eat natural clean food at you are set. If your meat is just too lean then cooking it w olive oil or coconut oil should be fine. You don't need to go insane on the fat train like a lot of people here do.
    Well, excess protein may cause problems and fats are technically the main energy source of the body, I think that I should eat a very high quantity fats to reflect this, I mean, eating protein three times a day is just too much if not paired with lots of fat too! Right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast