Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do I get fats from? page 2

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post

My parents? Sorry, but according to them you're all inside the primal sect, all your lost weight is either coincidental or placebo effect and Mark Sisson is just another trickster who lives sucking his followers money.

Oh, and I shouldn't be speaking with you actually, I might become "too extremist" and end up trapped in a downward spiral of blind beliefs and lack of critical sense, you know, because Mark is our stereotypical trickster who just cares about money and never EVER doubts of what he tells us.
    OK it must be tough - but look on the bright side:
    -Your parents care about you
    -They're teaching you scams and fraudsters exist (in all areas) - be weary, question, be critical, don't blindly except opinions, cross-check, think for yourself, etc, etc (hey maybe this way of life style IS unhealthy - there are articles that criticise Paleo - check them out see if they have any strong arguments)
    -You're a teenager and soon can make your own decisions on what you buy and have to eat.
    -You're ahead of the game of most teenagers in terms of health awareness - even if you're doing now is unhealthy, you're on the path to find out what is healthy.

Good-luck.
    P.S. What did your grand parents eat back in 'their day'?
    Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 05-29-2013 at 01:44 AM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    creams pretty good too,
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    it's hard to deal with parents sometimes, at any age. I'm 50, and still have to remind my mother that I don't want certain things in my food when I visit or she takes me out to eat. so, once you are out of the house, you will mostly have control of your own food prep, but sometimes, you compromise to keep the peace. My Mom cares, and understands the low-carb thing, and that I have little tolerance for dairy(the dairy problems are old news by now, so everyone is used to that). Your parents care, but we cant change decades of brainwashing by conventional ideas, plus people get used to doing things a certain way, it "works" for all these years, so change is REALLY hard, the older we get. (Yeah, I know, even though I understand the importance of change for the better, its hard - I lived almost 50 years doing things differently!!)
    good luck to you and hang in there. Appreciate your family - no one lives forever, and there are plenty of good things you can share other than food.

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    fats are technically the main energy source of the body
    As a blanket statement that is not true.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Agreed with all you said EatMoveSleep, and my grandparents ate mostly pasta and bread, a lot of carbs at every meal.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    -You're ahead of the game of most teenagers in terms of health awareness - even if you're doing now is unhealthy, you're on the path to find out what is healthy.
    I agree with this. You are way ahead. Plus, a diet of lean meat, fruit, and veggies isn't all that bad. You may prefer a higher fat diet, but meat, fruit, and veggies are still way better than candy bars, potato chips, and top ramen, which is what a lot of people eat. So I think you'll be okay eating mostly lean meat, fruit, and veggies until you're old enough to make your own food decisions.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    The body needs sugar, not fats. Use coconut oil and steer clear of PUFAs and high fat animal foods if you are trying to lose weight.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    The body needs sugar, not fats. Use coconut oil and steer clear of PUFAs and high fat animal foods if you are trying to lose weight.
    Sorry what? Since when is sugar primal? Did I say that I've lost 2kg since I started this diet? (Which is quite an achievement considering that I'm lean and I don't do any exercise, for now).

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry what? Since when is sugar primal? Did I say that I've lost 2kg since I started this diet? (Which is quite an achievement considering that I'm lean and I don't do any exercise, for now).
    +5
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

dabears is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm assuming what fiercehunter meant is that the body requires "sugar" (as in glycogen). Anyone doing HIIT like activities or heavy intense strength training will find their performance drastically suffers on veggies and fruits alone.

Starches have their place in the diet for those who require them. If you are sedentary, low carb is perfect for you.

Some of us aren't overweight and looking to lose pound after pound.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast