Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eat less? Seriously? page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, actually I'm less hungry than ever, at least I can spend a lot of time without eating and not feeling extremely hungry, at some point hunger spikes but then it disappears for some time, amazing.
    Good for you. Eat less works for some people because there are those with broken hunger signals. It may seem so intuitive to us to stop eating when we're full but there are some who don't know when full is.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Green Deane Guest
    Can someone get fat on a primal/paleo diet? Yes. Constant excessive calories will eventually get packed on as pounds. Paleo/primal is not like a safe "eat all you want" buffet (although a paleo buffet would have its attractions.) Ask this question: Were there any obese groks? Perhaps there was a rare exception but it is difficult to imagine any pre-agricultural revolution human being obese. They didn't have excess food enough to have obesity. Indeed women had to evolve into fat storers to have enough energy to be pregnant et cetera. All of this is to say the point of primal/paleo is not to eat all you want. It is to eat what is best for the health of the body. Eating all you can eat is not necessarily good even when primal/paleo.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    If you eat to hunger, and your body looks the way you want it to look, you perform as you want to perform, you are lucky and stick with it. If you are eating to hunger and fat started to pile up around your thighs and belly and what not (fat, not weight), then you need to eat slightly less than your hunger dictates. If you can stand gaining fat, you can experiment with that weight gain while eating to hunger, and see if the fat goes away in a few months after body re-balances, but if after 6 or so months you just keep on gaining, there is nothing for it, you are eating too much. Evolutionary, we are programmed to overeat, no matter what the quality of food, so yeah, except for occasional lucky few, most people have to have hungry days, and eat to hunger on the other days.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nivanthe View Post
    assuming you're not overweight and just eating for health (no mention in the 2 threads i've seen about fat loss), your signal for "i'm done eating" probably works. Most of the people on the forums who tend to have issues are most likely overweight, and their signal doesn't work the same way ... Or else they wouldn't be overweight.*

you sound like so far you're pretty happy with how things are going, minus the lack of fat sources in the other thread, so keep it up.

*pending other health issues they can't control, etc, but i'm talking about those who suck at knowing when to stop or have skewed portion sizes, as shotglass mentions above.
    Quote Originally Posted by damiana View Post
    eat less works for some people because there are those with broken hunger signals.
    qft

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, actually I'm less hungry than ever, at least I can spend a lot of time without eating and not feeling extremely hungry, at some point hunger spikes but then it disappears for some time, amazing.
    You're a growing teenager.
    Presumably you're not over weight and are reasonably healthy.

Don't hold back on the eating
    Get some simple exercise too.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12