Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An American shopping list page 3

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    If you are a tea drinker be prepared it's difficult to get a decent cup. Most places hand you a 12 oz. cup of hot water and let you choose your tea bag. When I'm traveling I find getting a cup of properly made tea is close to impossible, I usually give up and drink coffee.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I lived in Cali before, so I know the American drill They drink soda, not tea, a "bum bag" is called a "fanny pack", and a small coffee is a large here.

I'm based in London. There's loads of things that you can't get in stores here, and that I have to order online. Powered supps, as an example. And they're really expensive.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Surely they have a Neosporin equivalent in the UK?!
    With a prescription apparently, sure (antibiotic)

I just remember having a "What is that? we can't get that OTC" conversation.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    With a prescription apparently, sure (antibiotic)

I just remember having a "What is that? we can't get that OTC" conversation.
    Craziness! Sucks to be in the UK. (Sorry, YB!)

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Craziness! Sucks to be in the UK. (Sorry, YB!)
    Lol.

Let me think: grass fed beef being the norm, no fluoride in the water, GM food has to be labelled... there are some advantages to being in the UK!

Cali's got the hemp oil and the weather though, so we lose ultimately.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Let me think: grass fed beef being the norm, no fluoride in the water, GM food has to be labelled... there are some advantages to being in the UK!
    Yeah, you're right. There are some advantages to being in the UK. I remember good sandwiches at the airport (that's pre-primal). I've never been to the UK, except the airport, had a couple hour layover at Heathrow. All I remember is a lot of going up and down escalators, wondering who the hell designed the place.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    & the pickles here SUCK!

I miss those wee lil gerkins
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    & the pickles here SUCK!

I miss those wee lil gerkins
    Have you shopped in any of the Polish stores, or Lidl? They do great pickles! But maybe you're accustomed to the American interpretation...

- Ray Peat

Geeknik is offline Member
    I was friends with some Scandinavian exchange students in high school and the food they said they'd miss the most is cornbread since it was so different from any bread they'd ever had. I really can't think of anything else you can get over here that you can't in Europe though the cost might be higher over there.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cali is a city in Colombia.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast