Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love eggs and would die if i became allergic to them page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

I love eggs and would die if i became allergic to them

Primal Fuel
    or suddenly had some sort of reaction to them. So after reading a post by mark about possibly abstaining from eggs once in a while, and for me once in a while would be maybe once a week if that, i'm thinking maybe i should heed the advice?

from what i gathered from the post egg whites are what can cause one develop egg allergies? so continuing to eat the yolks would be fine?

Paleobird Guest
    I find I just naturally take a break from eggs every now and then. I go through phases of 6 eggs every day and then I don't eat any for a couple of weeks. Not really a conscious choice, they just don't appeal sometimes.

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I find I just naturally take a break from eggs every now and then. I go through phases of 6 eggs every day and then I don't eat any for a couple of weeks. Not really a conscious choice, they just don't appeal sometimes.
    Me too! After eating 6 eggs a day (& my house smelling like a sewer) my body naturally needs time away from them.. Actually anything I eat everyday makes me sick after a few weeks.. I've noticed I also develop a bit of an allergy from anything in excess

Slacker62 is offline Junior Member
    I have found recently that if I eat whole eggs I get very lethargic afterwards and my stomach gets a bit nauseous, however when I eat just the whites I am fine. Don't know what that is, but I'm giving up whole eggs for a while.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Here's my Egg Sensitivity Experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker62 View Post
    I have found recently that if I eat whole eggs I get very lethargic afterwards and my stomach gets a bit nauseous, however when I eat just the whites I am fine. Don't know what that is, but I'm giving up whole eggs for a while.
    Too bad we don't live closer. I throw away pints of egg whites.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This! I've never consciously limited any animal or animal product in my diet. I just tend to cycle naturally.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    This post is quite hilarious for me right now. I eat an obsessive amount of eggs/egg whites. Any combination of 4 Eggs / 10 Egg Whites to 16 Eggs / 20 Egg Whites in a day. I have done this at least for the past 9 months. I have noticed my body seems to not be happy the next day, specifically some bloat and stomach cramps. Perhaps I am building up an allergy or something.

With that said I will be avoiding eggs for a week to see the difference.

I also remember Mark posting about eggs and inflammation. He was addressing some study out there that found eggs causing the most inflammation. I believe he couldn't find anything to support such a claim.
    Last edited by TTBlue21; 06-11-2013 at 12:13 PM.

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    I think eggs irritate my stomach & am going to give them a rest for a bit too. I noticed that when I eat eggs my stomach really hurts & I feel nauseous. It's worth a try. Then I want to re-incorporate the yolks. It's unfortunate because eggs are such a cheap meal...
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

LP30 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firetiger View Post
    I think eggs irritate my stomach & am going to give them a rest for a bit too. I noticed that when I eat eggs my stomach really hurts & I feel nauseous. It's worth a try. Then I want to re-incorporate the yolks. It's unfortunate because eggs are such a cheap meal...
    I used to be a daily reader a few years back and now I just check in every now and again. Long story short, I ran the egg gamut but was eating so clean and still having a certain reaction I could only deduce came from eggs. I cut them out a couple months ago and reaction gone, and, hope this doesn't upset the die hards, I am actually more lean having cut them out and replaced with a BAS for breakfast...or a pound of venison.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    To avoid egg intolerance:
    First of all don't eat egg whites raw, only the egg yolks. That means cooking the whites till they turn white. Secondly, eat only organic/pasture raised eggs. Third, give it a break for some months (in winther time for instance) every year. Fourth, eat the eggs whole or just the yolks - not only the whites for a prolonged time.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast