Thread: Thank You Fremont Indians. More Evidence the PB does a Body Good! page

NickBall is offline Member

Thank You Fremont Indians. More Evidence the PB does a Body Good!

Shop Now
    Found this article this morning while surfing the net...just more empirical evidence the Primal Blueprint is better for you than the SAD!

Sun Advocate - Archaeologist treats guests to 1,000-year-old recipes - May 23, 2013
    Primal Since September 2010
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Even though these are neolithic (not Paleo) folk, this part stood out to me:

After 1150, they evidently switched primarily to a hunter-gatherer diet and were the better for it - their muscle mass increased and their nutrient stress decreased, as reflected in the Harris lines in teeth and skeletal robusticity based on muscle attachments, Riley said.

"It looks like people who were eating a lot of maize were actually probably the least healthy," he said. "We see that a fair amount in hunter-gatherer versus agricultural populations. Hunter-gathers tend to have seasonal nutrition stress but they don't have long-term nutritional deficiencies the same way agriculturalists tend to."

NickBall is offline Member
    Paleolithic and Neolithic are periods characterized by certain behaviors and technologies not necessarily by the date on a calendar. While the world in general had entered the Neolithic era and the Fremont did for a time as well, the section you quoted indicates that the Fremont had abandoned the Neolithic to return to a Paleolithic lifestyle. Also note I did not claim the Paleolithic diet was proved healthy by the article just that the Fremont Indians lived a lifestyle that supported some of Mark's claims in the Primal Blueprint (BP).
    Primal Since September 2010
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...