Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaining fat can make your strength numbers skyrocketing! page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Gaining fat can make your strength numbers skyrocketing!

Shop Now
    Old news really, but having a solid layer of fat makes lifting heavy ass weights more easy since it shorten the ROM in many exercises and also gives a better leverage for your main lifts!

The guy in the video below have fully understood that simple truth and take advantage of his belly fat to increase and progress on his bench press…

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You did know this guy is a circus professional, right? His job is to have a cannonball fired at his belly.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You did know this guy is a circus professional, right? His job is to have a cannonball fired at his belly.
    You did know that Gorbag's a trolling professional, right? His job is to mis-state arguments that don't agree with him and hang strawmen.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You did know that Gorbag's a trolling professional, right? His job is to mis-state arguments that don't agree with him and hang strawmen.
    That may be, but he's correct on this point, although I don't recommend getting fat just to shorten up your bench range of motion. Two inches less deep on bench press does make a HUGE difference.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    <Sigh>. There goes my theory that when I was gaining weight the strength increases meant I was putting on muscle...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Yes, I know he's a troll. I keep him on ignore. I was curious and once more disappointed in myself for looking.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yes, I know he's a troll. I keep him on ignore. I was curious and once more disappointed in myself for looking.
    Just bugger off from the thread then, the video is kind of a joke, but my point stand - more bodyfat makes you lift more! From before I have Richmahogny and Quikky on ignore, but the former still comes to my treads to pester me. And since I am kind of tired of reading all your ignorant postings that misunderstands almost everything that is possible to misunderstand about training, I put you on ignore as well...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The world's strongest people tend to have a nice layer of blubber on them. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sooo... getting a boob job will make me stronger?! Saaaweet, good-bye nature made C's hello silicone Double-Ds!

Last edited by cori93437; 05-28-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Sooo... getting a boob job will make me stronger?! Saaaweet, good-bye nature made C's hello silicone Double-Ds!

Your bench numbers would probably go up due to the deceased range of motion from the bar hitting your sweater puppies. I approve of this course of action.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast