Thread: Primal Journal (Carnivore) page

Carnivore is offline Member

Smile Primal Journal (Carnivore)

INTRO
    Iíve never been good at journaling. This community has given me so much, however, that I felt like this journal might be a small way to give back. So, here goes!

My stats: Female. 35 years old. Iím 5í4Ē and very thin boned. Right now, I'm around 120 lbs. I'd say 110-115 is my ideal, though I was a little less than that at the start of college. I know that sounds low but at 120 lbs I have a fair amount of flab on my midsection. I gain all my weight in my midsection and face. Too bad it doesnít go anywhere useful like my flat butt or chicken legs, LOL.

I had a scary-at-the-time fainting episode in mid-December due to low blood sugar. I vowed to get myself healthy after the stress of the holidays. In addition to properly fueling my body, my goal is to strengthen/tone my body overall.

EATING
    Iíve been eating PB style at about 90-95% consistency for about two months. My main remaining vices are red wine and trail mix packets from Trader Joes. Iím trying to limit those more.

I started low-carbing it (for the nth time) at the beginning of the year. After discovering this site and subsequently purchasing the PB book, I experimentally cut out the processed foods and carbs (still eating fruit). I noticed that my almost daily headaches and bouts of nausea went away. What a feeling! Like others, I also used to suffer from crazy bouts of low blood sugar and had to eat every two hours or I would get weak, shaky, and sick. Imagine my glee when I completed my first IF (18 hours)! I havenít worked up to a full 24-hour IF but Iíve gone an accidental 22 hours without breaking a sweat.

About a month ago, I also cut out dairy because I was getting desperate to not have acne into my late 30s. I donít know if it was the dairy elimination but so far so good. I donít really miss cheese, which is a surprise to me, and my skin is looking better than it has in years.

EXERCISING
    Iíve really taken to the rule of moving frequently at a slow pace. Every day that it isnít raining, Iíve been taking hour+ walks over lunch. Weekends are naturally active with walks, bike rides, house/yard work, or just horsing around with my kids. Iíve also been doing some very basic bodyweight exercises. I saw SimpleFit posted here and itís right up my alleyÖminus that part about not yet being able to do a pull up. Iíll get there though!

Well, I think thatís the gist of me, hopefully I can keep this up!

On to the actual journaling...

TODAY'S EATS
    B: 2 eggs + 2 sausage links + one cup of white chai
    L: BAS + one tin of sardines in olive oil
    D (planned): 1 TBSP coconut oil + pork roast leftovers + brussels sprouts

TODAY'S EXERCISE
    I went for a 1.25 hour walk over lunch. Walked to Border's and hauled 3 books back. Plan to do some pushups this evening. I did a lot of squatting over the weekend via staining the deck and working the gardens plus I went on a long hilly bike ride yesterday. So I'm giving my legs a day or two of rest.

I ate dinner as planned yesterday and had a rare bit of dessert. I found some ice cream made with coconut milk. I had a small scoop of that topped with some pistachio nutmeats. SO GOOD. Unfortunately, even in a small amount, the coconut ice cream didn't agree with me. I did get in 45 push ups.

TODAY'S EATS
    B: IF
    L: one tin sardines in olive oil + apple
    D: coconut oil + spaghetti squash w/ garlic & tomatoes + chicken

TODAY'S EXERCISE
    I think today is going to be a rest day...something about this gloomy weather and last night's poor sleep is making me feel rather lethargic.

Yesterday's planned meals didn't go at all as planned. I did IF until 1:30 pm...so a little over 17.5 hours. I ended up having a BAS that I put together at Whole Foods. A couple of hours later, I had a little bit of sausage. For dinner, I had chicken that was dipped in egg & flaked coconut, then fried in coconut oil. Topped with a little bit of salt and YUM! It was a hit for the whole family.

TODAY'S EATS
    B: 2 eggs over easy + 1/2 an avocado + 1 tomato
    L (planned): tin of sardines in olive oil + apple
    D (planned): spaghetti squash w/ garlic, tomatoes, & spicy sausage

TODAY'S EXERCISE
    Long walk over lunch + walk with kids to soccer practice (that should total close to two hours walking today)

RANDOM THOUGHTS
    Towards the end of yesterday's IF (the last hour and a half or so), I started getting heart burn. WTF?

Forgive me Grok for I have sinned. I ate my sardines for lunch and then had a banana chocolate chip muffin. Ughh! That ruined the entire day. I felt bloated and crappy the rest of the day. I had a handful of raw nuts (cashews, almonds, macadamia) for dinner. I did get my long lunch walk in. Hoofed it to the grocery store and carried a heavy bag of groceries back (my reusable bag is teh size of a paper sack). Didn't have time to walk to soccer practice so that didn't happen.

TODAY'S EATS
    B: 2 eggs over easy + 1 tomato + 8 oz raw, organic kombucha
    L (planned): sliced red peppers + apple + tin of sardines
    D (planned): I have a Board meeting tonight and the rpovided dinner is salad and sandwiches. I'll probably grab some salad and pick some meat off a sandwich. If I'm not hungry, I'll just IF until morning.

TODAY'S EXERCISE
    Another beautiful day, another looong midday walk

RANDOM THOUGHTS
    Not hungry this morning and feeling a bit blue. I'm doing an unplanned IF out of pure laziness and grumpiness, LOL. Last IF, I ended up with heartburn towards the end. So, I'm wondering if it could be from the tea I drank? It doesn't normally give me heartburn and I can't imagine why it would but it's just so weird. Outside of being pregnant, I hardly ever get heartburn and it is strange to get it without having had any food...

TODAY'S EATS
    No clue. I've got the afternoon off so I may just go home and have a BAS before running errands.

TODAY'S EXERCISE
    It's raining. I'm hoping it clears up enough to go for a long walk. I was thinking of walking to the library, 5 miles round trip. I'll do it in the rain as long as it isn't POURING. I'm also planning on doing SimpleFit routine this evening.

PrimalCon New York
    Broke the fast with a tin of sardines and a smoothie (coconut milk, banana, handful of berries, handful of ice). Yum!