Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hangover every day page

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

Hi, some of you people came to Primal Blueprint to cure many different health problems so you may be familiar with a problem of mine. I literally wake up with hangover everyday (and getting up is really difficult, combined with quite a weakness). I came with the idea it's a hangover because after party my friends always complain how their heads are killing them and I say "haha so I have hangover 24/7". So, my question is, did anyone had similiar problem and got rid of it, somehow? Thanks in advance for any help

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

vonterschpe Guest

I'm in college and the simplest way i've found to kick a hangover in the butt is to just stay hydrated. While I'm drinking I'll have a glass of water every hour or so. Then before going to bed I'll drink another. And then each time i wake up in the middle of the night (gotta get rid of the water somehow!!) I'll drink some more. Since i started doing that never had a hangover.

I understand your's isn't truly a hangover, but perhaps your just dehydrated...

Hope that helps.

musajen is offline Junior Member

C2H5OH - Are you currently eating a primal diet? Before I ventured into primal eating I ate a lot of carbs and would regularly wake up with what I considered a hangover. Eventually I attributed this to eating an excess of carbs - having gone on a carb binge the night before. Usually when this happened I'd also consumed a 20 oz. bottle of regular soda. So like vonterschpe said, dehydration could have been a factor in that, but I think it was mostly attributable to the sugar.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I feel this way if I eat too big of a dinner. Eating the majority of my food in the first half of the day takes care of it for me.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

My brother and I used to joke that if we felt like crap in the AM even w/o drinking, why not drink if it's not any worse?

After two months of PB, I sleep less and wake up w/o said "hangover."

Coincidence? Maybe. Probably not, especially as I used to snack a lot in the evening.

Paneristi is offline Member

Yep - for the first 3 weeks I experienced appauling headaches - then they suddenly went as soon as they had appeared.

grandma is offline Member

Hydration helps a lot. I used to get what I called "hockey hangovers" When I played hockey late at night (the only times they give the old men) and went straight to bed after I would feel like crap in the morning. I have learned to come home and chug a bunch of water before bed.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Mick Guest

[quote]

... and I say "haha so I have hangover 24/7".</blockquote>

I&#39;m assuming you&#39;re not drinking heavily, despite the posting name, and the word "hangover". (After all, if that was it you&#39;d already know the answer.) And you seem to be saying you&#39;re feeling tired and run down with a headache a lot of the time.

My advice would be to see your doctor and tell him or her. They will probably run a battery of blood tests. Likely a primal diet - or at any rate a low carbohydrate, high animal fat diet, that&#39;s also high in vitamins and minerals (from food not pills) - will help with many problems. But you probably want to know if there is a problem, and if so what it is. So ask someone who&#39;s able to test for you and find out.

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

Thanks a lot for all your respones. My language may be not perfect, but "hangover" was very good to describe that sensation. I try to eat primal, started a few days ago and feel very weak, but will continue. Usually I can&#39;t go asleep until it&#39;s 4 AM and wake up dehydrated. I try to drink two glasses of water before going to bed but that doesn&#39;t help. I&#39;m not drinking frequently, maybe once a week, but waking up after a few beers doesn&#39;t make a big difference

I once went to my doctor and did blood sugar test, she told me it was too low, but "that&#39;s because it&#39;s so late - 10AM". I don&#39;t quite believe that was too late because it&#39;s still morning after all

When it comes to primal diet, I am a little low on money, so some of my protein intake comes from sausage. Hope that isn&#39;t THAT bad, will definitely change that after a month or so

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

grandma is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Have you tried eating more? Maybe eating closer to bed time. I have heard that low blood sugar can keep you awake because the body releases adrenaline in response. Maybe you just need more food than you are eating.

BTW is your name a coincidence or is ethanol a big part of your life?

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast