Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong??? page

Am I doing something wrong???

Primal Fuel
    ...Or am I just being Impatient( I am sure it is the latter)?

I am 31, 5'7", started at 182 lbs, have been primal, with some slips on the weekend but not too bad, since Mid April so about a month and a half. I am in ketosis a lot, went from No and I mean NO activity to Weights 3 times a week for 30-45 min, sprints and running 5 times a week, biking and just recently Yoga mixed in. During the week, I am hard core Primal, with the occasional slip during the weekend(its hard to keep on track with a non Primal Partner) and I have dropped my weight to 173 lbs, gained a couple back this past weekend, due to slipping and I think a week of not enough sleep. I drink water like its going out of style, and almond milk, only 8oz, before bed, usually after a work out. I know everyone is different but I don't feel like I am getting results (maybe my expectations are too high, damn microwave generation). I am not thinking of quitting by any means, but I imagine the great results (these fantastic before and after) take a year or so and I need to stop expecting to wake up, primal and ripped (well semi ripped anyway). So I guess I am looking for personal advice, experiences and encouragement during this journey. I know better than to expect drastic change in a couple to a few months, but any way to accelerate the process if there are any, would be appreciated. Tips, Advice and Community support are a great thing.

Thanks in advance...

adamsaysyo is offline Member
    I feel the same. PB for 3 months. 5'6', and only lost 7 pounds (was 182), although i know i have gained a LOT of muscle, but my stomach won't budge much. I cut down on my nuts 2 weeks ago and am 5 days into 16hr fastings (feed window noon-8pm) with no change in my weight. Very frustrated.... I guess there is no advice to give, other than be patient but it is driving me mad. I started losing weight CW way at 210 about a year ago.

Thanks for reading ... I just don't' know what else I can do! I feel your frustration tasteslikeburning!

cheers.
    -adam

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    both of you have lost... that is successful... both of you need patience... weight loss long-term is a SLOW process, kinda like weight gain- it didnt happen in just a few months

btw- almond milk is usually full of odd crap ingredients...drink coconut milk

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Are you guys taking measurements? I lost 4 lbs the first week of PB, nothing the second. For "inspiration" I tracked my weight - daily weigh-ins for 10 weeks. There were minor fluctuations within a 3 lb up/down range, but my start weight and end weight were the same. No change on the scale, but I lost 2% body fat and 2 inches off my tummy. I am finally off exercise restriction this week, so I am hoping the next 10 weeks will be more productive!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Start a primal journal with more detailed info on what you're consuming on a daily basis, count the carbs, count the calories if something seems off some of the more experienced posters might be able to give you more detailed advice.

I've been doing this for 4months now? I don't remember exactly, I don't keep a detailed record of what I eat, but then again I don't do "cheats" or slip up on the weekends, and I'm not overly concerned about minor things like how many carbs I'm getting from the bbq sauce on my ribs, or sriracha right now so long as the weight continues to come off. (Which it is for me, down 3 pants sizes and at least 35lbs. as of last check.) I don't obsessively weigh myself, once a week, or month is just fine. My pants are looser than they were last month, so I'm not in a hurry to weigh in.

Personally I cut out most nuts, I still have some with my tea when I go to the tea house I frequent (like 5 peacans) so they're not gone altogether, but I don't do them on a daily or weekly basis either other than that. Kind of like a novelty thing for me.

I've got well over a hundred pounds to lose though, so it might be a little different for people in my situation. Also I might have to get way stricter/more detailed as I get closer to my goals. We'll see.

Good luck.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Eat more saturated fat, less nuts and nut products, less dairy.

I bet.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Eat more saturated fat, less nuts and nut products, less dairy.

I bet.
    This.

Bacon, and Grass Fed Beef are your friends.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Well, you're doing it to be healthy, right? So... do you feel healthier?

Ignore the scale for a moment. Do you have more energy? How are your pants fitting? Is this something you can stick with for the rest of your life, or are you still viewing it as a diet that's going to fix what's wrong with you?

Just some thoughts to help you get focused.

Adam - Glad to hear from someone in the same boat, though at the same time, I'm sorry you are dealing with the same frustration that I am. I am sure there is an adjustment period and huge body changes take time, as much as I hate to admit it. We often think we can lift and run for a week or two and then we will magically wake up one morning and be lean, ripped and totally changed....sounds crazy but its a mindset that happens, patients is a virtue I am still striving for. You have a fellow frustration sounding board if you need it here...thanks for your response and good luck with the journey.

MalPaz - you are totally correct, any weight loss and strength gain is a success, I do feel as if I have gained strength and energy, though my motives do have a lot to do with weight and the mirror, I do want to continue to feel (and look) better and Primal Eating has put me on that path. As far as the Almond milk, that is my transition from regular milk, and I am sure I will be weening myself off of that, if I don't make my own.

Primal Diva - I tend to weigh daily at the same time in the morning. I don't take measurements, however I have noticed a loosening in my jeans. So I know i am headed in the right direction, but visually, I don't seem to have made much if any progress, but I am my own worst critic. For the most part I have been losing 1-2 lbs a week, but it is a good idea to pick at least a few key points to measure, since numbers may go down on the tape before you can see it in the mirror, so good idea there, thank you. Good luck with your progress.

DarthFriendly - I was toying with the idea last week, but you are correct, a food journal would help me get a solid grasp of what I am taking in, there may be hidden food I can cut or places where I need adjustment. Like reducing or eliminating nuts for instance. ( I already ditched the baby carrot snacks) And like it or not I need to stop allowing myself to slip on the weekends. Even if I have to go out to eat, there is always a salad with grilled meat or just plain taking the bread off of a burger, though I am avoiding fast food at all costs if I can help it. And I can... You offered lots of good points, , and really, a month and a half, is too soon for me to be up in arms just yet I guess, maybe I should wait and see where I am at in 3 months or so before I get too worried. PLUS I love bacon and beef, so no problem there. Thanks for the perspective.

Primalchild - I believe in what we are doing here, I have seen and felt the results, in a small way, even in this short time frame, and it makes sense to me, but I guess it is still hard for me to make the leap of more fats, less nuts and dairy to be a way to kick my body into burning more fat and being leaner, and how it should be. Boy does that CW get drilled into us or what.

Thank you all for the feedback so far, all good points, and I appreciate your responses. I think with more time, more sleep, and patience I will be able to get where I want to go, and hopefully help others on their path too.

I am doing it for health, mostly...... though I cant help but envy some of the before and after photos, but most of those are like a year apart so shame on me. I do have more energy, my pants do fit better. I can see myself eating this way and working out and playing and enjoying it, for the rest of my life. I have to say I didn't go into this as a diet, but as an adjustment, because the thoughts behind the eating and listening to my body and going with the flow of how we evolved, really make sense to me, and I don't see it as a quick fix at all, but reminding me of these thoughts does help, so thanks DTP

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast