Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Am I doing something wrong??? page 5

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tasteslikeburning View Post
    See thats my old thinking getting me again, hard to make my brain believe cutting back in activity will help me. To clarify, I do run 5 times a week but 2 of those times I run, are sprint sessions, so 3 days running, and 2 sprinting(on the days I don't do weights) but it is medium to low intensity running.
    That's still too much IMO. I would really recommend to only sprint once a week, at a maximum. Take into account the three weight lifting sessions, too. Does this look like your weekly schedule?

1: Weights
    2: Run
    3: Sprint
    4: Run+Weights
    5: Run
    6: Sprint+Weights
    7: Run

First of all, I miss "Play" or "Rest". Of course you could also do it this way:

1: Run+Weights
    2: Rest
    3: Run+Sprint
    4: Run+Weights
    5: Run
    6: Run+Weights
    7: Sprint

But any way I put it, it seems too much to me. Also: Are you sure that the running sessions are low intensity (less than 75% MHR)?

How about this schedule:

1: Weights
    2: Run
    3: Run+Weights*
    4: Run
    5: Weights
    6: Rest
    7: Sprint

*=Body Weight session, less weight, more repetitions

In going over my records this is the most accurate representation of my week, workout wise.

M: Run+Weights+Bike
    T: Bike + Yoga or Run
    W: Run+Weights+Bike
    T: Yoga + Run or Sprints Or Bike
    F: Off / Play
    S: Run+Weights (and usually yard work)
    S: Off or Play

Running sessions are 20 min, rarely 30, at 5mph for half then 6mph for the last half, with a cool down for a couple of min at walking pace, I sweat and my HR goes up but its like a marathon pace, maybe half or just over half of my potential full speed. Weights are 30 to 40 minutes, not extremely heavy, but enough to build again I am not going for the huge bulked up look, more the lean toned look. And for me Play = biking, or vigorous Frisbee, playing with the dogs, ect...

soonerfan90 is offline Member
    Sounds like you might be overtraining a bit also and that can hinder your progress, hence no recovery time. Last year I did crossfit only 3-4 times a week with a whole lotta walking on the other days and was not even wholly primal and I seen results after the 4th week. Hope this might help.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan90 View Post
    Sounds like you might be overtraining a bit also and that can hinder your progress, hence no recovery time. Last year I did crossfit only 3-4 times a week with a whole lotta walking on the other days and was not even wholly primal and I seen results after the 4th week. Hope this might help.
    In looking at what I was doing in print, it does seem that maybe I should pick one activity and do it that day. I know I have said it before but its a hard concept to swallow, Over training I mean. Simplistically you would think the more you do the better but recovery is important. I guess it wont hurt to try just one thing a day for a while and see how it goes. I guess I am paranoid just a little about not doing enough, but I have read on the boards about people doing less than I do and getting results.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345