Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong??? page 3

Brad is offline Member
    Muscle gain at some points can out pace fat loss especially in people who used to be sedintary. I say skip the scale and do measurments, and look in the mirror. I also see people doing too much core work some times trying to target fat loss....This will not work, and your waist may grow because of the muscle you are putting on under the fat.

The PB is not a short term summer tone up program its a lifestyle change that will take time, and provide lasting results if you can stick with it..

Enjoy the early muscle gains, cause when you've been training for years gaining muscle slows way down!!

Thats true, people tell me, sadly and in an unsupportive way, that one little meal cant hurt but I guess that is like saying adding a little water to your car engine oil cant hurt. This is about making a change to my body's systems and keeping a regulation, so "slip ups" are a big deal, and I think I knew that all along, even if I didn't follow it. Any suggestions or strategies for eating out in the non Primal world but staying primal, or a link to a posting if this isnt the right place? At home I am fine and totally primal, and even in some restaurants but when the only options are fast food, I guess I need to fast or opt to make a meal at home.

Not tracking anything food related yet, just being sensible, but a food journal is in the works now.

I have noticed muscle growth, Legs and Arms, some chest and back, I am not doing any core work besides maybe a set or two of crunches per week, because of what you pointed out, I don't want to build lots of muscle under fat in my midsection. I know spot reducing doesn't exist and I am not looking to get huge, just lean and defined, but not bulging by any means.

I have resolved that this is a lifetime commitment not just a "program" so I am confident in that respect, begrudgingly so sometimes but its getting more natural for me to follow this so I know I can commit.

Thanks Brad

Brad is offline Member
    There is a web site called Fitday that has a calorie counter you punch in what you eat and it reports your calories, and nutritional values. I plug in an avarage day once in a while just as a reality check as to your real calories.

Stick with it, cause everything is more fun when your fit!!

songman is offline Junior Member

stomach discomfort

i'm in my 3rd week of pb, lost 4 pounds the first week. 3 pounds the second week. haven't lost any weight this week but am having stomach discomfort and bloating for the last 3 or 4 days. been very strict eating only pb foods. haven't eaten anything different.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    If you started mid-April is that really six weeks? More like 5. At 1-2 pounds a week sounds like you are getting pretty good maximum fat loss with some cheating thrown in. Seems to me like you are doing great.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    If anything, it sounds like you are underestimating your sugar intake. Things like "cane juice" and honey may seem more natural than white granules out of a sugar bowl, but it's pretty much the same stuff.

Plug your numbers into Fitday and let us know what you find out!

Melanie1976 is offline Junior Member
    First of all, I noticed after I posted that you lost 9 lbs in the space of a month and that is AMAZING!!! Obviously you are doing something right! WOOT!

Yeah I think cane juice is def sugar and is driving your carbs up.

I need a food journal too! I've been saying that for a year!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tasteslikeburning View Post
    ...Or am I just being Impatient( I am sure it is the latter)?
    few things to consider:
    sleep apnea? it's very hard to loose weight without treating it first.
    vitamin D deficency? pandemic in developed countries....test via LabCorp or ZRT and treat accordingly
    track cals for a few days: some simply *can* overeat - even on primal....I can. my personal preference is nutritiondata.org

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast