Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong??? page 2

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's my standard line. Have you tried IFing at yet? For trimming down and getting lean then you might want to give it a shot. I'm a fan of the fast five and warrior eating schedules. I'm down to having just a few pounds to lose now.

I did it by mistake one day, well it was more of a semi fast, I would need to look into that however, I am open to the idea. I have heard it is quite effective despite what CW says, but it would be totally new to me. I know there are great resources about it on this site so I will have to look into that to get a good handle on the way to properly do it.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there hon. A year or two from now, these last few weeks will seem like the blink of an eye.

OK, so coconut oil, bacon, and patience...got it.

mikesic is offline Junior Member
    I wish I the results you have had so far!! I started in novemeber, fell off the wafon around xmas and hopped right back on after Xmas and my weight hasn't budged. Stuck right around 188. And I have been super strict (except for diary). 9 pounds in 6 weeks is awesome in my book, congrat to you and stick with it. I hope my patience will pay off.

Melanie1976 is offline Junior Member
    Okay so I'v been pretty successful on PB so I'll try to come up with some ideas. First of all, I'm wondering about that almond milk. Is there sugar in it? I used to drink Almond milk and it was high in carbs.

Have you tried fasting? My DH has an eating window from 12:00pm to 8:00pm. He skips breakfast. I struggle with the fasting but I know that when I do fast I lose weight quickly. He's well on his way to uber ripped-ness! LOL

Lastly you have to keep an eye on your caloric intake. In the beginning I thought I could just eat eat eat as long as it was primal, but you still have to keep an eye on your calories. Also watch out when eating nuts. Try to stick to an ounce at a time.

Now if I could take my own advice I'd break that last 10 lbs!!!!

Thanks mikesic, I hope you start moving in the direction you want to go, I guess maybe there is an adjustment period? Of course it is different for everyone...Maybe we need a Patients is a Virtue group....

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I know that Mark talks about 80% being OK, but if you're expecting weight loss, you need to know that low carb eating is very unforgiving of any 'cheats' or lapses with carbs. You weight will not only immediately spike up, but it will take a while to come down again. So anyone who has 'lapses' on a weekly basis will see little movement on the scale.

It will help to fast the day after any carby eating.

Melanie,

The almond milk is unsweetened, the plain variety, but does have cane juice in it ( I know, that's probably sugar) but I am very strict on the no grains thing, carbs aren't too bad but if I need to cut, I can cut there.

Haven't tried fasting on purpose yet, I am interested in trying though, I hear results follow. I should look into it and work out a plan. I need to also remove honey from my Greek yogurt and just have it plain.

I am careful about nuts but I bet I slip in a handful throughout the day without realizing it, so Hello Food Journal. I am making sure my primal meals are portion controlled, so I think calories are in check but again, a food journal will show me the facts, so I should get on that.

Good Points Melanie, thank you.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Are you tracking carb intake? Must be under 50 for decent weight loss.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast