Thread: Sugar Detox Process, inflammation, Primal Paleo Start page

WeaverC is offline Junior Member

Sugar Detox Process, inflammation, Primal Paleo Start

Greetings,

I am a daily reader of MDA for a couple years, but just now "logging in".

I have been on and off pale/primal for a couple years but fallen off the cart lately. Wondering if my recent "arthritis-like" aches in wrists and ankles are due to inflammation, so I was drawn back for advise on cutting sugar (Do I really need the 21 Day Detox program?)

Anyone else just getting started on the detox? Advice on going primal in a house where my two kids and spouse typically are not?

Thanks!
    C

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Hello,

Cook for them, impose yourself as the family cook That's what I did and when my wife discovered that I actually could cook tasty stuff (easy when using primal ingredients), she joined me
    I was no cook before going primal, I was lazy and hated spending time in the kitchen. That was probably due to a thick brain fog caused by wheat and alike. Going primal eliminated my laziness which I thought was a natural trait in me ...

Gwynnda is offline Member
    WeaverC, I am new as well. I started on 5/16, went off for 2 day because of grad parties (my oldest daughter graduated High School). The next two days I felt like crap, I was so tired and actually felt sick, same as you. I don't know if I should but I started all over again over on 5/29.

I make my family what they want and if it's primal, I'll eat it too. If not, will make chicken or fish for me. I have 5 other people in my house and can't make them go primal with me. I so wish I could! I try to make the protein portion of the meal primal then make their sides, carbs (for them), salad or veggies. I do not eat the carbs even if it's potato because I'm only on day 3 of 21-day detox.

We had a fabulous Paleo pork tenderloin last night, tonight they want pulled pork sandwiches for the leftovers. So I will make fish for me tonight. As an example. I hope it helps to know you are not the only one.

Keep posting.

RayDWeger is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynnda View Post
    WeaverC, I am new as well. I started on 5/16, went off for 2 day because of grad parties (my oldest daughter graduated High School). The next two days I felt like crap, I was so tired and actually felt sick, same as you. I don't know if I should but I started all over again over on 5/29.

I make my family what they want and if it's primal, I'll eat it too. If not, will make chicken or fish for me. I have 5 other people in my house and can't make them go primal with me. I so wish I could! I try to make the protein portion of the meal primal then make their sides, carbs (for them), salad or veggies. I do not eat the carbs even if it's potato because I'm only on day 3 of 21-day detox.

We had a fabulous Paleo pork tenderloin last night, tonight they want pulled pork sandwiches for the leftovers. So I will make fish for me tonight. As an example. I hope it helps to know you are not the only one.

Keep posting.
    If you want them to go primal you should fix one meal only and give everyone the option to eat what you fixed or ok them to fix their own. That will work or not but if you allow the option by fixing something else no one will switch and you will get frustrated.... As the saying goes its easier for them to change you than you changing them...

Ray, Easier said then done. I'm a stay at home mom, the protein will always be primal, but I will make a starch side for them. I just make it 'clean' now for them. No boxes.

Well actually it's not. Ultimately we are all destroying our health by the crap we eat. The misinformation campaigns about diet and all of the push for grain based dietary diets is wrong and has been know for years. I would assume you have no problem making your family safer by.making sure seat belts, helmets etc are used for alleged dangerous activities???
    Correcting their diet is no different. If you choose to not be aggressive in changing their eating habits by eliminating the garbage in the house you can certainly make it more difficult for them to eat bad by refusing to contribute to it.

My wife reminds me often to my "Lack of GREY AREA" :-/

llong is offline Junior Member
    I am also a lapsed primal eater back on board now into week 3. I, too, struggle with arthritic fingers and I have a household (1 spouse, 2 teens) who are not primal eaters.

I am not formally doing the detox program but I have completely cut out refined sugar and most fruits and starches except a little sweet potato and a few dried dates at bedtime. I am hoping my joints will improve as a result and I would not complain if I lost 5-10 lbs either. As for cooking for my family, I prepare a meat dish for supper, lots of fresh veggies or salad and a starchy side that is optional. Last night we had grilled porkchops, raw veggies of all kinds, sauted mushrooms and baked potato. I did not eat the potato but everyone else did.

For lunches, they will take sandwiches but I will tak a large salad with leftover meat. We each fix our own breakfast on weekdays but on the weekend I will fix eggs with toast available for those who want it and fresh veggies available, too, which I consume with my eggs. I make my own paleo snacks and make them available for everyone but generally they leave me to my own treats.

This is easier I guess because I have been gluten-frree for quite a while so they are used to mom not eating the same foods as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverC View Post
    Greetings,

I am a daily reader of MDA for a couple years, but just now "logging in".

I have been on and off pale/primal for a couple years but fallen off the cart lately. Wondering if my recent "arthritis-like" aches in wrists and ankles are due to inflammation, so I was drawn back for advise on cutting sugar (Do I really need the 21 Day Detox program?)

Anyone else just getting started on the detox? Advice on going primal in a house where my two kids and spouse typically are not?

Thanks!
    C

llong is offline Junior Member
    same

cooking clean all around but not forcing my spouse and teens to eat primal

if they want to eat junk they have to buy it with their own funds. I will not bring it into the house.

Ray, Easier said then done. I'm a stay at home mom, the protein will always be primal, but I will make a starch side for them. I just make it 'clean' now for them. No boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by llong View Post
    same

cooking clean all around but not forcing my spouse and teens to eat primal

if they want to eat junk they have to buy it with their own funds. I will not bring it into the house.

llong, I put my foot down yesterday with my 16-year old. I told her no more. She looked at me like I was an alien.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    llong, I put my foot down yesterday with my 16-year old. I told her no more. She looked at me like I was an alien.
    Do they have a different look at that age :-[

Sent from my EVO using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app