Thread: Going Primal In St. Louis page

mlosse is offline Junior Member

Going Primal In St. Louis

Primal Fuel
    I am 2/3 throught the book and it has all made sense to me, and I have decided to go primal, starting today. Heading to the store after work to stock up on all the recommended foods and am looking forward to it! Any suggestions on where to buy in STL would be great. I am just today looking through this forum and the info. is awesome, so pumped and ready to go.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome!

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw someone else from St Louis LOL. Active forum members that live close to each other tend to be rare : )

I've shopped around quite a bit in the city, the best place I've found is the Sappington Farmers Market. It is a grocery store that is owned/run/supplied by local farms. They carry other things too in order to stay competitive with other grocery stores, but it is a fantastic and inexpensive source for locally grown organic vegetables, grass fed beef, free range chicken, cage free eggs, and all of the other wonderful foods we primal-types love. They also do a $10 off $50 special on Thursdays (like shop-n-save does). It is located on Watson near Elm in the General Grant Shopping Center. I'm not sure which part of the city you are in, but it is worth the drive if you ask me.

mlosse is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the reply, that is great news, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed as I was looking at my grocery list, and was thinking the cost was going to be outrageous. I know exactly where Sappington Farmers Market is and I will start there tonight! How has the PB lifestyle been for you, I am looking forward to it and hope it works out. Again thanks for the great information, I appreciate it.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    PB has been a life changer for me! I'll send you a pm and we can talk more

jllums is offline Junior Member
    Wow, I am excited to see you guys. Are you still going Primal? I am 4.5 weeks in and loving it. I find some of the staples like coconut milk, oils, etc. to be most affordable at the International Market in Kirkwood or any Asian market really. I need to get to more farmers markets but with a toddler it is kind of crazy and difficult on the weekends.

I really do need help with the where to shop without going broke. Hope to see you guys around.

AliGoPrimal is offline Junior Member
    Well, although this is 2010 posts, I would love to meet some primal people in STL!
    What does not kill you makes you stronger.

cindakay is offline Junior Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AliGoPrimal View Post
    Well, although this is 2010 posts, I would love to meet some primal people in STL!
    YES I'm in STL also! Would like to find others as well :-)

allymd is offline Junior Member
    I live in Jeff city, but in just happy to see others that live in Mo are primal eaters! It's difficult for me to find the right foods to eat in Jeff, but luckily, I'm usually able to shoot up to Columbia to get what I need. I'll be following you guys (it'll make me feel less alone )

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app