Thread: Gum? STevia? page

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member

Gum? STevia?

Primal Fuel
    My two vices...any suggestions.

I use gum for good breath and stevia to sweeten my unsweetened cocoa....hmmmm....

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    GASP! Seriously, last I read, Mark gave thumbs up to Stevia. As for gum, it can be terrible or ok, depending on what you chew. Xylitol is supposed to be good for your teeth. Sugar is obviously bad.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Thanks a million!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Deadpedal is offline Junior Member
    My opinion:
    Natural and artificial sweeteners dull my taste perception and induces cravings - best to completely stop artificial sweetener and learn to enjoy the natural sweetness in items such as salad greens or almonds or almond butter, etc. Stevia ruins the flavors of good food like cream or dark chocolate -- I now add salt to many things that I previously enjoyed loaded with sugar -- sometimes it works ; sometimes not...

Once I stopped all artificial sweeteners i have less craving for sweet food and broke out of a long weight loss plateau.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpedal View Post
    My opinion:
    Natural and artificial sweeteners dull my taste perception and induces cravings - best to completely stop artificial sweetener and learn to enjoy the natural sweetness in items such as salad greens or almonds or almond butter, etc. Stevia ruins the flavors of good food like cream or dark chocolate -- I now add salt to many things that I previously enjoyed loaded with sugar -- sometimes it works ; sometimes not...

Once I stopped all artificial sweeteners i have less craving for sweet food and broke out of a long weight loss plateau.
    I totally agree with this. If you keep feeding your tastebuds sweet flavors (real or fake) they will keep craving them.

My opinion:

great reminder that so many foods and habits we get into dull our enjoyment of the way food is naturally made.

Once our taste buds are affected, going back "natural" or "primal" will be a little uncomfortable, but sooooo worth it in the end. thank you for the reminder and encouragement!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I read that many times. It is not the case for me though. I still use xylitol here and there, which is the only sweetener I would use. My solution to fat loss plateau was switching to one meal a day. No snacking, no cravings, no nothing except water, tea and coffee between meals. And during the meal, I can eat about whatever I want without feeling compelled to binge I saw quite some change in my body composition since switching to this WOE without the need to work out more or be too careful about the macro ratios. That's the nice thing about eating primal for many months, you get to compose meals adapted to your needs and taste buds without worrying too much If you do this once a day only, believe me you will taste things right!
    Last edited by dkJames; 05-30-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't have sweet cravings. I never have had, even as a child. I use stevia to take the edge off very sour or bitter foods. No intention of stopping and see no intention of doing so. If you can and want to get off all sweeteners, fine, go ahead. You are small minority of people who could benefit from Primal.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial