Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any other autoimmune sufferers? page 2

moses21784 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good to know that someone with an autoimmune disorder like MCTD is finding results on primal. I was on the diet and then switched off for a few days. My MCTD has come back raging. I honestly am confused if i should go back on primal or stay off.
    My MD brother and wife are both concerned that not having an entire food group is unhealthy. Thoughts?

moses21784

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Re- read your post and you have your answer! I know it's hard to buck the family MD, but realize they get NO nutrition training.
    Ok, maybe a couple hours at best...really. There is no harm in dropping a food group.

Print out some of the medical research study citations Mark gives in his posts and give them to your brother.
    At the end of the day, it's YOU who is the one suffering, NOT your well meaning , but misguided brother. Do what works for YOU.
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by infradiggy View Post
    Ankylosing Spondylitis here. Hooray! Most symtoms have vanished, though, so hooray for real.
    Me too! I am also pretty much symptom free these days from following Primal. Grains and starches are my main issues. I seem to be ok with moderate amounts of dairy though :-)

Mamame is offline Senior Member
    I have Addison's disease. My adrenals aren't going to regenerate no matter how good my diet so no ditching meds for me, but I have a pretty decent QoL. Can exercise some, slowly building muscle and feel pretty good most of the time. I'm sure I'd do better if I went on a strict autoimmune protocol but I have a hard time ditching nightshades - especially peppers.

MsChel is offline Junior Member
    Hi deborahck, I have MCTD and was diagnosed just before my 30th which was two years ago now. I've also considered myself a healty eater and maintain a very active lifestyle especially considering the MCTD. I lift weights 6 days a week and run to combat stress. I have only begun my Paleo journey and the only part of my MCTD that I haven't been able to 'control' is the joint pain and RA. I am very hopeful that this Paleo gig delivers on the easing of the inflammatory side of our condition. If you ever wanted to chat just let me know.

Cheers,

Michelle.

I have struggled with autoimmune problems for 13 years now! It can take over your life and eventually take your life! Pretty much all my "disorders" go away if I stay absolutely grain free, dairy free (not even butter), soy free, no nitrates, no nuts or seeds (almonds don't seem to cause any problems),
    and absolutely no no no nightshades!!!
    They shut down my system!

Now, I did this total elimination for almost 9months. I lost a lot of weight but I also lost a lot of hair and started having adrenal fatigue issues. I needed to up my carbs, but I upped them the wrong way and gained back weight and autoimmune issues. I'm on the mend again.

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    Psoriatic Arthritis here!!....my immune system loves to attack my bones in couple of fingers and toes after I consume nightshades...Tomatoes/Peppers/Potatoes/Eggplant....Haven't had to use painkillers for months until I went out at the weekend and had a BBQ sauce on my rack of ribs....seems it had a tomato puree base to it and now I'm sore again.....usually lasts about a week until the heat in the joints goes away along with the pain...always swollen though..
    Dropped grains too and have found that I retain water and feel bloated on the rare occasions that I eat them..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12