Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gift ideas for newly primal/paleo friend page

Angieh is offline Senior Member

gift ideas for newly primal/paleo friend

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    She loves to cook, and I want to get her some paleo kitchen gadgets for her upcoming shower, as she is recent convert.

I'm thinking of things like a zuchini ribbon maker --- nothing too pricey, but maybe 3-4 essential gadgets.

What tools do you use most in your kitchen since you've been primal?

Thanks!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The gadgets that are essential and unusual since I went paleo/primal were the electric mandolin and a dehydrator. Jerky, home-made vegetable chips and nuts dehydrating are all very useful.

Other things I use a lot are Magic Bullet, hand blender and a garlic press.

Things I would not mind having but never got around to buying are salad spinner, the ribbon maker and a cast iron pan with grill barred thinggies on it (we have a fire pit, but no BBQ unit). And one can never imo have enough aprons & gloves!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    How about a paleo cookbook--"OMG That's Paleo?" comes to mind. It's around $18 on Amazon.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Awesome ideas, everyone! Thanks.

Leida - I have never heard of an electric mandolin, but it sounds enticing. I use my dehydrator (mainly in summer) and hand blender tons, but I'm not going to spend that much.

Goldie and Joanie - love both ideas and very affordable (+1!). I was toying with the cookbook idea and torn between Everyday Paleo, Paleo Comfort Foods, and Diane Sanfilipino's book (can't remember title). I have not heard of the one you mentioned, Goldie, so I'm off to look it up. Joanie - I think I will be ordering two of those spatulas - one for her and one for me!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Jodie - what all do you use your mesh strainer for?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I use the tiny one mostly to catch seeds when I squeeze lemon or lime into something in a glass or cocktail shaker. The big one is for straining bone broth mostly. It also worked well when I rendered some beef fat scraps. Cheese cloth probably would have given me an even better tallow, but I was amazed at how well the strainer worked. I got a really nice white-ish smooth product with no icky bits.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I got myself a vegetable "spiralizer" for long julienne cuts or perfect rings. It is quite fun to make pseudo-spaghetti with veggies

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    A paleo cookbook is a good idea. Or a slow cooker....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    My sister in law gave me a single serve frypan for my birthday 10 months ago. I have used it almost every single day since, it never gets put away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast