Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gift ideas for newly primal/paleo friend page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Diane Sanfilipino's book's title is Practical Paleo, or at least that's the one I am reading right now. I find it depressing though... in my view it is too black and white, and if I did not hang around this fora and have heard alternatives opinions, it would have made me to never want to try Paleo. De Vance's book was what did it for me, with his laid back, not uptight attitude and no crazy restrictions.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I use the tiny one mostly to catch seeds when I squeeze lemon or lime into something in a glass or cocktail shaker. The big one is for straining bone broth mostly. It also worked well when I rendered some beef fat scraps. Cheese cloth probably would have given me an even better tallow, but I was amazed at how well the strainer worked. I got a really nice white-ish smooth product with no icky bits.
    Perfect. I have a small one that I use for various things. I have plans to make my first bone broth soon. Also, sorry, I just noticed I botched your name.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Diane Sanfilipino's book's title is Practical Paleo, or at least that's the one I am reading right now. I find it depressing though... in my view it is too black and white, and if I did not hang around this fora and have heard alternatives opinions, it would have made me to never want to try Paleo. De Vance's book was what did it for me, with his laid back, not uptight attitude and no crazy restrictions.
    Good review - it helps because I'm not a black and white person either. I like the t-shirt that says I'm 80% paleo 20% of the time. :-) I am actually pretty compliant, but I have my occasional indulgences, and it's tough starting out. So, I will nix the Sanfilipino book - don't want to discourage her!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angieh View Post
    Good review - it helps because I'm not a black and white person either. I like the t-shirt that says I'm 80% paleo 20% of the time. :-) I am actually pretty compliant, but I have my occasional indulgences, and it's tough starting out. So, I will nix the Sanfilipino book - don't want to discourage her!
    I actually think it's one of the best books out there on Paleo, but then again, I'm a sucker for cookbooks with pictures and science all in one.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12