Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal soaps, shampoos? page

hfox is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I've long heard that using conventional soaps and shampoos might increase our risk of developing cancer.

Would you guys please shed some light on this--even discount the cancer-claim, if possible--and suggest healthier alternatives if you know of any?

My apologies if this has already been covered in a previous discussion. After having browsed through the "hot tags," I didn't find it anywhere.

maba is offline Senior Member

Catalina is offline Member

There's a thread titled Primal Laundry that gets into a lot of this type of thing. I always like to check products at the Environmental Working Group site:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Kind of like food, I would say the less ingredients the better!

marika Guest

I don't know about the cancer claim, but I use soapnuts for washing my hair, because they are actually superior to any commercial shampoo I've ever tried. Here's the recipe I use:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=95

tinfoilgrrl Guest

I wash my face and body with water. (I do use soap on my hands.) Sometimes I use a bit of baking soda to exfoliate. My skin is so much better than it was when I used soap. I also put rooibos and then coconut oil on my face and anywhere else I feel needs a bit of extra moisture.

The absolute best my skin ever felt was when I actually used olive or coconut oil in the shower along with exfoliating gloves. But it turns out the shower drain didn't love the oil as much as my skin did so I had to give that up.

I wash my (long, worn up) hair every 2 weeks right now, though every 1.5 weeks would probably be better. I use baking soda or eggs to wash (keep the water lukewarm or you'll have a scramble on your head!) and a 1:1 white vinegar/water rinse. If my hair were short, I'd probably just see where a daily water scrub would get me.

I've recently dropped toothpaste as well and just brush with water now.

Still using anti-perspirant, though, at least on workdays.

klcarbaugh Guest

I use coconut oil in the shower and it works so well! Makes my skin beautiful and super soft. I don't rinse it off... so I don't get the shower drain clogged... but I apply it wet with my hair tied up (so it doesn't get greasy) and pat myself dry with a towel. It as completely cured my acne! Things that say oil free make me laugh.

hfox is offline Junior Member

Thanks to you all. Great suggestions!

Miriam Guest

hfox, here is the original topic for more information:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...giene-Products

chaosthetic Guest

tin foil girl - i just found out that baking soda works just as well, if not better, than any anti-perspirant/deoderant out there. Just grab some, throw it underarm, rub it in a little and viola! no smell, very little sweat.

its amazing. i feel like ive discovered the holy grail of underarm care!

chaosthetic Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

as for soaps.... i agree that most of the time, no soap is the best soap. BUT, when you are absolutely filthy and really need a good clean, nothing comes close to Dr. Bronners. Its cheap, amazingly effective, made from hemp oil, and the company is pretty legit too. just have to ignore not-so-subtle, pan-denominational proselytizing on the label.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast