Thread: Excercise Query page

steven.kelly is offline Senior Member

Excercise Query

Shop Now
    Hey,

My name is Steve. I'm from Melbourne in Australia and I have been primal/paleo for about 6 months and I love it!

I did a workout today at my basketball court which involved (about 30 to 60 minutes):

1 set of 5 free throws, and laying up after each shot followed by:

1 set of either 10 push ups, 4 - 5 pull ups/chin ups, side or normal planks or 20 squats

I would then repeat, E.G.:

5 free throws / 10 push ups / 5 free throws / 1 plank / 5 free throws etc. (I also would sometimes add in an extra round of planks for a longer rest period e.g. 5 free throws / 1 plank / 5 free throws / 1 plank etc.)

At the end of the workout I ended up acheiving:

- 55 push ups
    - 60 squats
    - Around 20 chin ups / pull ups
    - Around 5 - 8 different planks

Is this is a good primal workout? What could I improve, add in, remove, is the intensity correct? The amount of reps etc.?

Also, is it normal to feel really fatigued after this? I had a slight headache and felt like I was going to vomit and generally felt sick, but after about 30 minutes felt fine. I think this is normal but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your help!!

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good warm-up before you get a workout done.

Kidding...mostly. If you're new to working out, good job. Feeling sick only happens to me when I squat or deadlift super heavy, so I dunno. Make sure you're hydrated.

Sent via A-10 Warthog