Thread: Body fat and weight page

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member

Question Body fat and weight

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, though I don't care too much about aesthetics, I think that being body fat and weight the most visible and quantifiable (respectively) health aspects it would be a good idea to improve them, for health and as a proof that this works to others (it's not like I can prove them that my IBS has stopped, my sleep improved or my hunger stabilized).

So, though my weight has lowered so much I now have a BMI of 19 (and improving) and now I have sort-of abdominals when I'm in a certain posture, I would like to improve it further. My diet is perfectly primal (no cereal, no legumes, no starches, no nuts and limited dairy) and I'll start exercising very soon.

Call it "proof-of-concept" or adolescent boasting, but I would really like to know how to speed up the process further and then to push the limits, for health and credibility.

Thanks

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Although BMI is not a great indicator in the athletic population a BMI of 19 is very low, I take it you don't carry much muscle mass? Are you young? I would focus on building lean muscle, eating well and the not trying to rush the leaning out part

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I saw the adolescent bit. Work on building athletic prowess and muscle, a lot more cred that just being plain skinny

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Lift.

Heavy.

No, HEAVIER.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Lift.

Heavy.

No, HEAVIER.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    And eat.

No, eat more.

Don't stop yet.

Keep eating...

Well, as my parents won't let me eat more than 1 egg a day, I guess I'll eat lots and lots of meat, so there's no problem with nutrition (though I risk excessive protein consumption) and I was planning to start exercising regularly.

Still, I'm extremely disoriented about what exercise to do, there's a lot of variables. Some exercises are bad for the back, others may cause injuries if done in excess, others may damage the backbone... and that's without mentioning the "muscle disproportion" part.

So, could you suggest me some exercises? I don't want to spam the forums with my threads

WIChuck is offline Member
    I don't know what it's like in Spain, but in the US, most schools have after-school conditioning programs for athletes. You don't have to be part of organized sport to take part, but the coaches will help you develop a conditioning and strength program. If that is available to you, take advantage.

Otherwise, do the primal blueprint fitness program on this site. The simple bodyweight workouts will do a lot and are very safe. A few pushups, pullups, planks and squats every other day, along with some running and sprints will do wonders.

OK, got it, thanks!

Sorry, what the heck did you just did? There are like 4 spam links in your post! Did you accidentally paste or something?